Lead Capture Tools

Ned47

Track Hubspot forms submission in Google Analytics

SOLVE

We have forms on hubspot and embed on our wordress websites, we need to create conversion tracking on all form submission and want to show them in GA,

Please guide

1 Accepted solution
trevordjones
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Ned47 

The most effective way to track conversions in Google analytics is still setting goal pages, so if I were trying to track HubSpot conversions in GA, I would follow the following steps.

1. Set each of the HubSpot forms I want to track to redirect to a unique thank you page after the form is submitted.  I would always set the SEO on thank you pages to noindex so users can only get to them by submitting your forms.
  2. In google analytics, I would define a goal for each of these thank-you pages.  You accomplish this by simply copying and pasting the url of the thank you page into the goals section of analytics as shown in the screenshot below:

screenshot-analytics-google-com-analytics-web-1587645483719.png

Since the only way a site visitor should reach this thank you page is by convering on the form in quesiton, this should give you a count of conversions on your form.

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
codeandtonichq
Contributor

SOLVE

Super easy method

I' advise against the thank-you page -method altought it works as well. There's an easier way that's just a quick copy-paste without any other setup, and it will work every time regardless of an redirects.
No need to open Google Analytics or Hubspot at all.

Tutorial: Track Hubspot forms with Google analytics. No Google Tag Manager! 

0 Upvotes
Tarakaviciute
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @codeandtonichq,

This doesn't seem to work on Wix sites. 

0 Upvotes
codeandtonichq
Contributor

SOLVE

Interesting. Could be due to Wix using and older version of Google Tag, maybe using the ga.js instead of the new gtag.js – for example. If you want me to solve it you can get in touch !

0 Upvotes
trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Ned47 

The most effective way to track conversions in Google analytics is still setting goal pages, so if I were trying to track HubSpot conversions in GA, I would follow the following steps.

1. Set each of the HubSpot forms I want to track to redirect to a unique thank you page after the form is submitted.  I would always set the SEO on thank you pages to noindex so users can only get to them by submitting your forms.
  2. In google analytics, I would define a goal for each of these thank-you pages.  You accomplish this by simply copying and pasting the url of the thank you page into the goals section of analytics as shown in the screenshot below:

screenshot-analytics-google-com-analytics-web-1587645483719.png

Since the only way a site visitor should reach this thank you page is by convering on the form in quesiton, this should give you a count of conversions on your form.

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

MRyan1

SOLVE

This does not actually work because Hubspot sits between the booking page and
the success page that the goal will not trigger.

For example i've set the goal up exactly with the success page.... 

MRyan1_0-1634289721923.png

However when Ido a test the URL adds a query string from hubspot which stops the tracking.

MRyan1_1-1634289768149.png

I've set up a redirect to my exaxct URL but still does not track, 

Any ideas? 

SDWilliams

SOLVE

You've likely resolved this by now, but it looks like your problem in the destinaton field. If you change this to contains, or begins with that will work

0 Upvotes
TSheffield
Participant

SOLVE

I tried this, and it's still not tracking. Last step is to try Regex.

0 Upvotes
codeandtonichq
Contributor

SOLVE

I'd heavily recommends kippung the thank you page / redirect stuff completely. It's an overly complicated solution to a problem when there's a lot easier way by using google analytics events 

0 Upvotes