Lead Capture Tools

SWells7

Syncing contacts to HubSpot from SurveyMonkey answers

SOLVE

Hello. I am having some issues with the HubSpot/SurveyMonkey integration. In our test runs, HubSpot has been able to create a contact for survey respondents based on their emails, and assign them to a company. But... For some reason, the first and last name are not being synced to the contact on HubSpot. The 'name' is currently just the email. Is there any way around this? Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
SWells7
Solution

SOLVE

Hello, Dan! Thank you for your response! It turned out to be pretty simple. In the survey on SurveyMonkey, I had created the questions for the first and last name as single textbox questions, but SurveyMonkey actually has a question type called 'contact information' that we needed to use. We selected which contact information we wanted the survey to gather, and it worked! Hope this helps someone else in the future 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@SWells7 the HubSpot Knowledge Base article here says that if the contact exists in your CRM the contact name will not be updated. The other thing I'd look at is survey question on name - is it one name box or is it First Name and Last Name? Then I'd look at the sync settings to make sure those fileds are mapped. 

I hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
SWells7
Solution

SOLVE

Hello, Dan! Thank you for your response! It turned out to be pretty simple. In the survey on SurveyMonkey, I had created the questions for the first and last name as single textbox questions, but SurveyMonkey actually has a question type called 'contact information' that we needed to use. We selected which contact information we wanted the survey to gather, and it worked! Hope this helps someone else in the future 🙂