Lead Capture Tools

osc
Participante

Submission not linked to contact - hidden field as solution?

resolver

Hey guys,

Question Short: Why are form submissions on DOI confirmation page not linked to a contact? Would it help to add E-Mail as hidden field (which hopefully will be filled in automatically)?

Question long: I have the following case: After leads have been converted in one of my forms for the first time, they receive (thanks to GDPR) an Opt-In Mail for the Double Opt-In (DOI). Clicking on the confirmation button will take them to a page where we will ask an additional question (via form) to get to know them better. Here we use Smart Content (based on the list membership) to ask either the full name or interests and preferences depending on the information from the first form (email is not in this form as it comes from an email link and would feel somehow redundant).
After some have already filled out this form, I noticed that the information is not associated with any contact in HubSpot CRM. This surprises me, because the contact should be identified by clicking on the respective DOI link regardless of device and cookies. Does anyone know this problem? And would it help to use a hidden field with the email in the second form, which (hopefully) fills up?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
osc
Solução
Participante

resolver

Hey Jenny,

yes this solution helped us in another case, when we gave the value from one form to another (2 Steps, 2 Pages, hidden fields für better CX). However it didn't work here since I had no chance to manipulate the URL created from the DOI Link in the E-Mail.

Anyway, we have now found a solution that only works on the confirmation page (so if someone stumbles across this problem too):

In the upper part of the confirmation page, exactly in the module "Subscriptions Confirmation Message", hubspot automatically displays the e-mail of the user who has just confirmed. We grab this address with a JQuery and insert it into the hidden form field for e-mail. Somewhat cumbersome, but it works now. Thank you, Jenny, for your support anyway.

Exibir solução no post original

4 Respostas 4
jennysowyrda
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @osc,

The form can only be linked to the contact if there is already a cookie associated with their contact record on their browser. If they are still in the process of accepting cookies and opting in, then having the email address as a field will be the best way to ensure this information stays associated with the contact.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Avaliação positiva
osc
Participante

resolver

Hey, Jenny,

thank you for your answer!! The thing is that the person who has just clicked on a DOI confirmation link sent to their email address most likely feels some kind of fool when asked to re-enter the email address (required). And since the system should be able to identify the user based on the DOI link, I cannot understand why the form submit is not linked to his account.

Anyway, is there a solution (maybe via parameter or similar) to pass the account ID or the e-mail address from the DOI Mail to the Confirmation Page, so that the user doesn't have to enter his complete dataset again? Every query field increases the probability that someone does not fill out the form. Especially if it is redundant.

Thanks for you help.

Michael

0 Avaliação positiva
jennysowyrda
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @osc,

Happy to help! 

One possible option would be to use the solution of auto populating form fields with a query string 

Depending on the timing, if the information has time to associate with the contact record before clicking the link, this option could work. 🙂 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Avaliação positiva
osc
Solução
Participante

resolver

Hey Jenny,

yes this solution helped us in another case, when we gave the value from one form to another (2 Steps, 2 Pages, hidden fields für better CX). However it didn't work here since I had no chance to manipulate the URL created from the DOI Link in the E-Mail.

Anyway, we have now found a solution that only works on the confirmation page (so if someone stumbles across this problem too):

In the upper part of the confirmation page, exactly in the module "Subscriptions Confirmation Message", hubspot automatically displays the e-mail of the user who has just confirmed. We grab this address with a JQuery and insert it into the hidden form field for e-mail. Somewhat cumbersome, but it works now. Thank you, Jenny, for your support anyway.