Lead Capture Tools

StefaniaVanni
Member | Platinum Partner

Smart rule and Multivariate version in CTAs

SOLVE

Hi!

I know that isn't possible to add a smart rule when we’ve already created a multivariate version of a CTA. In my case, I made a test with 2 CTAs, one with an image (A) and the other one with only a written button (B) (the aim was to insert them in blog articles to figure out which performed better). The first one turned out to be the preferred CTA, so I’ve turned off the written button. Now I need to add a smart rule only for mobile devices, where we want to show only a written button because it is better seen on small screens size. I've asked twice to HubSpot help desk to have an advice on how to do it but I'm not sure... Can you help me? Can I duplicate all the CTAs, in order to not lose CTAs' performance registered until now (but it's an hard work to re-insert them in all the blog articles) or can I delete the multivariate version (B), losing their performance, and then add a smart rule?

Thank you in advance for all who will help me!

Stefania

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @StefaniaVanni. You can delete the losing CTA and then add a smart rule. Yes you'll lose the analytics on the test, but you will keep the winning data and be able to keep that CTA in all the places where it currently lives. While data is important, I'd ask whether UX is more important. I would say getting rid of the losing button's data is fine, espcially if you document it on your own with either a screenshot or an internal document. Losing data will not delete the contacts that came from the CTA. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
StefaniaVanni

SOLVE

Thank you for your help Dan! I'll share your advice with my team 🙂

Have a nice day!

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @StefaniaVanni. You can delete the losing CTA and then add a smart rule. Yes you'll lose the analytics on the test, but you will keep the winning data and be able to keep that CTA in all the places where it currently lives. While data is important, I'd ask whether UX is more important. I would say getting rid of the losing button's data is fine, espcially if you document it on your own with either a screenshot or an internal document. Losing data will not delete the contacts that came from the CTA. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/