Lead Capture Tools

Tavis
Participant

Show form fields based on dropdown selection

SOLVE

Hi there,

Is it possible to show a set of fields on a form if a particular dropdown item is selected from a previous question? 

Secondly, is it possible to change the form CTA based on a specific dropdown item selected?

Any assistance you can provide would be most appreciated.

Regards,
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Is it possible to show a set of fields on a form if a particular dropdown item is selected from a previous question? Secondly, is it possible to change the form CTA based on a specific dropdown item selected?

CORRECTED

Short A: Yes & No.

Longer A:

Yes. HubSpot does allow 'dependent fields', but the dependent fields cannot be made mandatory within the HubSpot forms builder. To trigger "a set of fields on a form if a particular dropdown item is selected from a previous question", simply use the same 'rule' for each field in your 'set'.

- see image

HubSpot Forms: Dependent Fields (using the same rule)HubSpot Forms: Dependent Fields (using the same rule)

You may see an example of this behavior in this example form.

That being said, and, while virtually anything is 'possible' with Javascript or custom form development, modifying the CTA is NOT available natively in HubSpot forms. So, no.

Maybe consider an alternative forms tool integrated with HubSpot.

- see Typeform

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Sorry @Tavis. I didn't read your original question carefully enough and misspoke. I've updated/corrected my original post to accurately reflect the information you're seeking.

Again, I stand corrected. Sorry for the misinformation.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Tavis
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the update @MFrankJohnson , I got the functionality I was after to work via a custom form build.

Thanks,

Tavis

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Is it possible to show a set of fields on a form if a particular dropdown item is selected from a previous question? Secondly, is it possible to change the form CTA based on a specific dropdown item selected?

CORRECTED

Short A: Yes & No.

Longer A:

Yes. HubSpot does allow 'dependent fields', but the dependent fields cannot be made mandatory within the HubSpot forms builder. To trigger "a set of fields on a form if a particular dropdown item is selected from a previous question", simply use the same 'rule' for each field in your 'set'.

- see image

HubSpot Forms: Dependent Fields (using the same rule)HubSpot Forms: Dependent Fields (using the same rule)

You may see an example of this behavior in this example form.

That being said, and, while virtually anything is 'possible' with Javascript or custom form development, modifying the CTA is NOT available natively in HubSpot forms. So, no.

Maybe consider an alternative forms tool integrated with HubSpot.

- see Typeform

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes