Lead Capture Tools

MMDC
Contributor

Show form field based on list membership

SOLVE

Is there a way for a specific form field to display only if the contact is also in an active list?

The person will come to the form from an email, so who they are and if they are in the active list should be known.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMDC,

You can't change the fields within a form based on list membership but you make use of smart forms: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/create-smart-forms#create-a-smart-form-on-your-landing-pag...

Based on contact list membership you would change an entire form – which means that you need one form per variation.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

MMDC
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank for this, Karsten. I looked into this, but I have a bit more complex situation. I have three form fields that should display only if the person is in one of three corresponding active lists. Creating a smart form for each combination is a headache I'd like to avoid.

I did find a workaround:

1. I created a new yes/no property field.
  2. I setup a workflow that sets this new property field to "yes" if the person is in the active list. (And another workflow that clears the property field when they are not in the active list.)
  3. I added that property field to the form as a hidden field.
  4. Finally, that hidden field has a dependent field for the question I want the contact to answer.

In short, I had to create lot of in-between steps just to make a property field show/hide on a form. In my few tests, it seems to be working.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MMDC
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank for this, Karsten. I looked into this, but I have a bit more complex situation. I have three form fields that should display only if the person is in one of three corresponding active lists. Creating a smart form for each combination is a headache I'd like to avoid.

I did find a workaround:

1. I created a new yes/no property field.
  2. I setup a workflow that sets this new property field to "yes" if the person is in the active list. (And another workflow that clears the property field when they are not in the active list.)
  3. I added that property field to the form as a hidden field.
  4. Finally, that hidden field has a dependent field for the question I want the contact to answer.

In short, I had to create lot of in-between steps just to make a property field show/hide on a form. In my few tests, it seems to be working.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMDC,

You can't change the fields within a form based on list membership but you make use of smart forms: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/create-smart-forms#create-a-smart-form-on-your-landing-pag...

Based on contact list membership you would change an entire form – which means that you need one form per variation.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.