Lead Capture Tools

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Setting goals based on embedded form choice submissions

SOLVE

I'm curious to know how we can set goals in GA based on the choices a person chooses on a HubSpot embedded form. When we go in Google Tag Manager, the form doesn't give off any elements that allow us to track which option they chose (therefore making it where we can't create any goals around it).

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
tjoyce
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@NicoleJ  - You would use the global form events  `onFormSubmitted` event and within that function you could read the form fields that were chosen and trigger a custom google event and pass those submission fields.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
tjoyce
Solution

SOLVE

@NicoleJ  - You would use the global form events  `onFormSubmitted` event and within that function you could read the form fields that were chosen and trigger a custom google event and pass those submission fields.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @NicoleJ 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this  - @tjoyce  @himanshurauthan @Mike_Eastwood do you have any thoughts for @NicoleJ on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @NicoleJ,

As per me, you can go with the form submission trigger which is discussed here, and then, when the form will get submitted you can check the form fields that the user has chosen while submitting the form. Then, trigger a custom Google event and pass these chosen form fields while submission.

Hope this will help you out!

Best regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
tjoyce

SOLVE

Thank you for rewording my solution @himanshurauthan - If you find my solution has helped you find your solution, please mark my solution as solved.

Thanks