Lead Capture Tools

StuartHartley
Membro

Set up progress - "create custom contact properties to store your data" - I can't get past this?

resolver

Im just setting up the free CRM tool with the view to take on the Sales Package, however am currently stuck on "create custom contact properties to store your data". I have added in a few properties of my own, but it won't tick off this from the set up progress (e.g. 3 of 5).. 

Any ideas? 

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
BrettLanguirand
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Set up progress - "create custom contact properties to store your data" - I can't get past this?

resolver

Hi @StuartHartley,

I just looked through the contact properties in your Hubspot account and I was unable to find a custom contact property, which is why the checkbox isn't checked off.  All of the properties are default properties created by Hubspot.  To create a custom contact property, go to Settings in the top middle navigation, click on the "Manage" button next to "Edit your contact properties or add new properties
Such as first name, phone number, street address, favorite color, etc.", and then click the "Create new property" button.

Once you have created a new property this checkbox should be checked.

Let me know if this works.

Brett

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
6 Respostas 6
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hello @StuartHartley,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community!

Are you still experiencing the problem with the progress bar not checking off a completed item?  I just accessed your portal and was not able to see the progress bar at all, but it might be due to either: my different user account, you were able to complete everything, or you opted to hide the progress bar.

If it is still problematic, can you please take a screenshot and post it here?

Thanks,

Brett

0 Avaliação positiva
StuartHartley
Membro

resolver

Thanks Brett! 

Yes still having the problem, I have attached a screen shot. 

Tried the same again this morning, but still not getting passed 3/5. Even tried on a different browser and on my iphone. 

Any ideas?

Thanks, 

Stu

test 1test 1

0 Avaliação positiva
BrettLanguirand
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @StuartHartley,

I just looked through the contact properties in your Hubspot account and I was unable to find a custom contact property, which is why the checkbox isn't checked off.  All of the properties are default properties created by Hubspot.  To create a custom contact property, go to Settings in the top middle navigation, click on the "Manage" button next to "Edit your contact properties or add new properties
Such as first name, phone number, street address, favorite color, etc.", and then click the "Create new property" button.

Once you have created a new property this checkbox should be checked.

Let me know if this works.

Brett

0 Avaliação positiva
StuartHartley
Membro

resolver

Brilliant thanks Brett! 

Ive also got another query, can I ask you about that here or should I set up another thread?

Thanks,

Stu

0 Avaliação positiva
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

@StuartHartley If the question is unrelated to the original post, please create a new post.  If other community members have the same question, a separate post makes it easier for them to find the answer.

Thanks!

Brett

0 Avaliação positiva
StuartHartley
Membro

resolver

Ok thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva