Lead Capture Tools

ngottron
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Sending your contacts a Form Submission using Workflows + Marketing Email

Looking to send a copy of a form submission to your contacts when they fill out a form? 

Note: The following requires access to Marketing Emails and Marketing Workflow automation which is part of the Marketing Professional Hub Subscription.

Step 1: Create the form

Checkbox as a trigger.png

Create a form by heading to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms. From there go ahead and create your form and add a checkbox (Custom property) at the end of the form to ask your contacts if they would like a copy of their form submission. The checkbox will come in handy later to determine if you send your contact a copy of their form submission.

Step 2: Create the Automated Email with Personalization Tokens

Email Personalization Tokens.gif

Next, create an automated email (Create automated emails to use in workflows) with all the fields you have in your form and type them out: “Field Name: {{add in personalization token}}”, and so on. After you’re done > Review and save the email > Save for Automation!

Step 3: Create the workflow

Enrollment and Re-enrollment.png

Finally, create a new Contact-based workflow. The enrollment trigger will be “Form submission “has filled out Name of the form on Any page.” 

You will also want to turn on Re-enrollment triggers for “has filled out Name of the form on Any page” so that your contacts will receive a copy of their form submission every time they submit a form.

Ifthen branch.gif

Next, add in an If/then branch for when your contacts choose the checkbox for “Send me a copy of my form submission” by finding the property under your Contact properties. 

If your contacts have selected the checkbox, the value will be “Yes”, and if they have not selected the checkbox, the value will be “No”. You would then add “Send” for “Yes”  and “Do Not Send” for “No”.

Following this, under the “Send” path, go ahead and add in the action “Send email”, and select the automated email you just created. 

Finally go ahead and review your workflow and turn it on and you’re good to go!

6 Réponses
DWhyte
Participant

If you're open to using an external form tool, the Fillout Hubspot Form builder has a guide on how to send form submissions as PDFs here

CBlaber
Participant

Unless you set all fields to required, a contact will receive in their email, old data that they provided the first time they filled out the form but left blank the second. Is there any way to email a contact just the new values that they provided?

CrisitnaLucas
Participant

I got excited, and then realized this won't solve my current issue of cross-object properties. You'll still be limited to either contact or form/ticket properties in the body of the email.

0 Votes
CP-BWG
Contributeur

I've gotta say, this seems like a very tough workaround - is there no simpler way to append all form data in an automaiton to an email??

ianjacob
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum

I agree especially if you have larger forms with data

natsumimori
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Thanks for sharing @ngottron!  

0 Votes