Lead Capture Tools

PGuimarães
Participant

Send message to diverse recipients based on property selection

SOLVE

Hi there HubSpot community,

I'd like for a form on the "Contact Us" page of a website to have a contact property named "Topic" in which the user would inform us what the content of his message is. Based on which exact property he selects, the message would be sent to a different recipient (e.g. if he selects Press, the email is sent to press@mybusiness.com rather than info@mybusiness.com).

Is this at all possible to accomplish? If so, how?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Paulo

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PGuimarães,

Yes, this can be accomplished fairly easily. Before we begin, which HubSpot subscription level are you working with? (free, Starter, Professional, Enterprise)

As a first step, you would create your custom contact property following these steps. (You can also do this right from the form editor.) You could either make this a radio select or multiple checkboxes type property. Once this property is created, you can drag and drop it from the left sidebar into the form on the right. (Sometimes you need to refresh the editor to show the recently created new property.)

Now, when contacts submit this form, their interest (if provided) will be logged on their contact record. With this information available, you can now create active lists of contacts. These active lists are essentially looking for all records that match certain criteria, in your case certain values put into the form field.

You can learn about active list creation here. If your property is called Product interest and has values "A", "B", "C", you can create active lists for:

List 1: Product interest is equal to any of A

List 2: Product interest is equal to any of B

List 3: Product interest is equal to any of C

These lists can then be used in your email sends, simply add the list in the Send or schedule tab of the email editor.

Keep in mind that these lists might overlap if some contacts choose option A and B. Or B and C. In that case, if you send a first email to List 1, you might want to exclude List 1 from your second email send to List 2 (to exclude contacts who've already received an email).

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Glad I can help, a great day to you, too, @PGuimarães!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PGuimarães
Participant

SOLVE

Fantastic, thank you very much for getting back to me so promptly with such an excellent response - super helpful. My subscription is professional by the way. Have an excellent day, Karsten!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PGuimarães,

Yes, this can be accomplished fairly easily. Before we begin, which HubSpot subscription level are you working with? (free, Starter, Professional, Enterprise)

As a first step, you would create your custom contact property following these steps. (You can also do this right from the form editor.) You could either make this a radio select or multiple checkboxes type property. Once this property is created, you can drag and drop it from the left sidebar into the form on the right. (Sometimes you need to refresh the editor to show the recently created new property.)

Now, when contacts submit this form, their interest (if provided) will be logged on their contact record. With this information available, you can now create active lists of contacts. These active lists are essentially looking for all records that match certain criteria, in your case certain values put into the form field.

You can learn about active list creation here. If your property is called Product interest and has values "A", "B", "C", you can create active lists for:

List 1: Product interest is equal to any of A

List 2: Product interest is equal to any of B

List 3: Product interest is equal to any of C

These lists can then be used in your email sends, simply add the list in the Send or schedule tab of the email editor.

Keep in mind that these lists might overlap if some contacts choose option A and B. Or B and C. In that case, if you send a first email to List 1, you might want to exclude List 1 from your second email send to List 2 (to exclude contacts who've already received an email).

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler