Lead Capture Tools

esealpha
Colaborador

Send form results to different emails based on form entry

resolver

Let's say I have a simple contact form on my site. One fo the questions is "Choose the branch nearest you" with the choices Branch A, Branch B, and Branch C.

When the user completes the form and chooses Branch A, the form goes to Branch A's email. If they choose Branch B, it goes to Branch B's email. And so on.

I've got the form. I've created a workflow to use the form as a trigger and use the form location property for an if/then branch. Then I'm stuck.  I'm not sure how to send the results of the form to the appropriate email addresses.

1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @esealpha,

It would look something like this:

karstenkoehler_1-1651684074029.png

Just change Contact owner to the correct user. If the recipient is not a HubSpot user, you would have to create an internal marketing email (also available as an action in the right sidebar). Internal email notifications can only be sent to users in your portal.

Don't forget to enable re-enrollment for repeated form submissions (Re-enrollment tab in the right sidebar when you click into the enrollment triggers).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
esealpha
Colaborador

resolver

So I get the part about sending the email. We will probably need to use a marketing email as the contacts are in our CRM, but are not users as the emails are basically "catchalls". However, I'm not getting the actual email itself. If I send an internal email, I need to write the email. If I send a marketing email, I need to create that. But how does include the form contents for the submission?

karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @esealpha,

You can use personalization tokens for that: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/website-pages/personalize-your-content

These work both in emails and notifications. Personalization tokens pull the latest value of a field. In the case of your form submission notification, that is going to be whatever was put into the form field by the contact.

Your email could look like this:

Name: [token for first name] [token for last name]

Email: [token for email]

Company: [token for company name]

Like that, you can build your own notification from scratch. (There aren't any default templates for this.)

Let me know if you have follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DWilliams24
Miembro

resolver

Hey Kartsen,

Are personalization tokens really the most straightforward way to receive the information in the form via email?

Thanks

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @esealpha,

It would look something like this:

karstenkoehler_1-1651684074029.png

Just change Contact owner to the correct user. If the recipient is not a HubSpot user, you would have to create an internal marketing email (also available as an action in the right sidebar). Internal email notifications can only be sent to users in your portal.

Don't forget to enable re-enrollment for repeated form submissions (Re-enrollment tab in the right sidebar when you click into the enrollment triggers).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

danmoyle
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Elite
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

Love this solution @karstenkoehler. especially the full screenshot! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/