Lead Capture Tools

mimidwest
Participant

Send a reminder email to leads who haven't completed a form

SOLVE

I'm trying to figure out the best way to create a workflow that triggers a reminder email to complete an intake questionnaire after two, four and seven days. I just don't know if it's possible within one workflow or it has to be many... 

In short If contact hasn't completed form, send reminder email at these set delay points. 

All help is appreciated. 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mimidwest,

Are you referring to a general solution to contacts only partially filling out forms and reminding them?

HubSpot cannot store the information in form fields if they're not submitted. For a first-time visitor, you wouldn't be able to remind this contact of completing the form. In that case, a contact record was not created yet so there isn't anyone to enroll in a workflow. There might be third-party solutions which offer this functionality but I doubt that they would be GDPR-compliant: When a form is not submitted, usually consent about processing this individual's data has not been collected yet.

If we're talking about existing contacts who come back to submit another form, we'd have to approach this from another angle, again because HubSpot isn't storing information about partially filled out forms. Any automation here would rely on the view of the page, combined with a contact not having filled out the form. The workflow enrollment criteria could look like this:

Contact has viewed landing page X

AND

Contact has not submitted form on landing page X

If however you're interested in a way to remind a defined list of contacts about submitting a specific form, this could be much simpler.

Your workflow would enroll contacts based on whatever criterion you've chosen, for example membership in a specific list or another previous activity.

Delay by 2 days, send email 1.

Delay by 2 days, send email 2.

Delay by 3 days, send email 3.

We can see that by default, such a contact would receive all emails. Now we define that contacts should leave the workflow if they submit the form. This can be done through workflow goals: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/use-goals-in-contact-based-workflows

karstenkoehler_0-1641533703101.png

If the workflow goal of submitting this form is met, the contact would unenroll and not receive any additional reminders.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

BukunmiOdetayo
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @mimidwest , 

Are you refering to your existing contacts or new contacts? I am not sure of how you have set the trigger to enroll a contact in that workflow, but if a contact is already enrolled in the workflow and the email for them to fill the questionnaire form comes in along the way in the journey, then you need to use the If/Else action, and go to form submissions. Select the appropriate form for the questionnaire and check that the contact has not submitted the form. See the image below:

if or then action.PNG

Repeat this automated process for 2, 4 and 7 days, and then delay until event happens (set data source as contacts in this workflow'' and select form submitted). See the next images: 

delay.PNG

form submitted.PNG

However, if the contact is not already enrolled in the workflow, there has to be a trigger that will enrol them, after which they will be able to enter the automation and receive the reminder emails as required. 

In summary, you don't need many workflows to do what you're looking to do. One is enough!

Let me know if this helps.

PS: Happy jump on a call, quickly show you through and offer more tips for best practices that help you delight your customers with workflows and nurture your leads into success!

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @mimidwest , 

Are you refering to your existing contacts or new contacts? I am not sure of how you have set the trigger to enroll a contact in that workflow, but if a contact is already enrolled in the workflow and the email for them to fill the questionnaire form comes in along the way in the journey, then you need to use the If/Else action, and go to form submissions. Select the appropriate form for the questionnaire and check that the contact has not submitted the form. See the image below:

if or then action.PNG

Repeat this automated process for 2, 4 and 7 days, and then delay until event happens (set data source as contacts in this workflow'' and select form submitted). See the next images: 

delay.PNG

form submitted.PNG

However, if the contact is not already enrolled in the workflow, there has to be a trigger that will enrol them, after which they will be able to enter the automation and receive the reminder emails as required. 

In summary, you don't need many workflows to do what you're looking to do. One is enough!

Let me know if this helps.

PS: Happy jump on a call, quickly show you through and offer more tips for best practices that help you delight your customers with workflows and nurture your leads into success!

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

mimidwest
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the details. This is similar to the route I chose. I ended up having the workflow check for a status update, then using an If/Then branch look for that status, if not found, it sends out a reminder email. Appreciate your input.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mimidwest,

Are you referring to a general solution to contacts only partially filling out forms and reminding them?

HubSpot cannot store the information in form fields if they're not submitted. For a first-time visitor, you wouldn't be able to remind this contact of completing the form. In that case, a contact record was not created yet so there isn't anyone to enroll in a workflow. There might be third-party solutions which offer this functionality but I doubt that they would be GDPR-compliant: When a form is not submitted, usually consent about processing this individual's data has not been collected yet.

If we're talking about existing contacts who come back to submit another form, we'd have to approach this from another angle, again because HubSpot isn't storing information about partially filled out forms. Any automation here would rely on the view of the page, combined with a contact not having filled out the form. The workflow enrollment criteria could look like this:

Contact has viewed landing page X

AND

Contact has not submitted form on landing page X

If however you're interested in a way to remind a defined list of contacts about submitting a specific form, this could be much simpler.

Your workflow would enroll contacts based on whatever criterion you've chosen, for example membership in a specific list or another previous activity.

Delay by 2 days, send email 1.

Delay by 2 days, send email 2.

Delay by 3 days, send email 3.

We can see that by default, such a contact would receive all emails. Now we define that contacts should leave the workflow if they submit the form. This can be done through workflow goals: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/use-goals-in-contact-based-workflows

karstenkoehler_0-1641533703101.png

If the workflow goal of submitting this form is met, the contact would unenroll and not receive any additional reminders.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

mimidwest
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your reply Karsten. I ended up using a similar route, but hadn't considered setting a goal as the data point to track. I'll take a look at that. 

Thanks again.

0 Upvotes