Lead Capture Tools

cpburke
Contributor

Restrict file types in File Upload form field

SOLVE

How do I restrict the type of files that visitors can upload to a form with the File Upload field? It looks like they can upload just about any type of file, but I'd like to limit it to PDF, Word, and Text files. 

1 Accepted solution
sharonlicari
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @cpburke 

At the moment there isn't a way to restrict which type of files contacts can upload in a form. 

If you would like to see this implemented in the future, I would recommend upvoting this idea. The Ideas forum is actively monitored by our product team for feature requests. Sharing your input and kudos specifically in this space is the best way to ensure your feedback and requests are heard.

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
FMoor
Participant

SOLVE

This would be a great feature!

0 Upvotes
KSmith44
Participant

SOLVE

This should be an added feature for various reasons, including the integrity of the submitted document. We use forms for career applications and the ability to submit resumes and cover letters as Word docs allows for potential manipulation after submitted. And, Word docs pose a risk on our end for bots and viruses. Please make this change to restrict to PDFs only as needed!

sharonlicari
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @cpburke 

At the moment there isn't a way to restrict which type of files contacts can upload in a form. 

If you would like to see this implemented in the future, I would recommend upvoting this idea. The Ideas forum is actively monitored by our product team for feature requests. Sharing your input and kudos specifically in this space is the best way to ensure your feedback and requests are heard.

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !