Lead Capture Tools

leighlanbrooke

Remove old forms from the "any form submission" property on contacts

I am looking to simplify our lifecycle stage and recycled contact workflows. I would like to trigger stage changes based on form submissions. We have a high volume of forms (almost any form ever created in our database, somewhere around 100 or so) that appear when selecting "Form Submission" > "Has filled out {x form} on {any page}" when we're only actively using maybe 10 or so forms. 

Does anyone know a way to remove these outdated forms from populating here (some from as late as 2015)? 

Wondering whether clearing the form submissions of the forms populating off the contact records would remove them. We capture form submission information on another property so there would not be a risk of losing data in our current set-up. 

4 Replies 4
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @leighlanbrooke , 

If there is any form in your HubSpot account, it will reflect in the available section when you use the 'form submission' property. 
And if you delete the forms from the account, the data that was created through those forms will always be there in the system.

Regards. 

leighlanbrooke

Just for clarification on this post, the idea was to remove outdated forms that have been pulled in from leads ads, or forms that have been archived over the years so that it is not an available selection when using the "form submissions" property. We have removed the forms from our account/off our ad channels but they still appear as a data point in the form submissions. Hope that helped clarify but do think there is no way to do this right now since the data still lives on the contact record.

0 Upvotes
KTownsend
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Hi! I'd say the best thing to do is to conduct an audit on your forms - you can export them in HubSpot and identify which ones are currently in use and whether there are any you can delete.  To do so, go to Marketing --> Lead Capture -> Forms and click on the "Export data" link. This will allow you to export and download a full list of forms in a csv, xls, or xlsx format. 

This should reduce the number that appear when selecting "form submission". For more information on conducting audits within HubSpot, check out this blog: https://www.bbdboom.com/blog/what-is-a-hubspot-audit-and-how-do-i-conduct-one 

Hope this helps! 

Katie Townsend - inbound Executive at BBD Boom

Katie Townsend - Acquisition Consultant at BBD Boom
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @leighlanbrooke 

Welcome to the Community!

I've been investigating and it seems this is not possible. Usually, workflows help you organize and build your campaigns based on the single most important thing - the ultimate goal you are trying to achieve. 

I'd recommend select specifics forms and pages based on the specific goal you need to achieve with the workflow. You can also discuss this strategy with your Account Manager, as it will be the best person to advise you on specifics based on your industry and business.

Thanks

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !