Lead Capture Tools

erinmbarr
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

Registration Form Condensing

SOLVE

We are currently working on a project for a client who hosts numerous events throughout the year. Besides creating a new landing page for each event, they have been creating a new form as well. They are looking for an easier way to set up forms and condense them to down to one. 

My initial thought is to add the event as a drop-down contact property and have registrants scroll to the event they would like to register when they fill out the form. The client would have to go into HubSpot to add the event to the options and delete older events from time to time but this keeps everything in one form. They could use a filter to find who attended which event under contacts or set up workflows if they like. 

My only concern is that if they have to delete an old event, the info will not stay on the contact for future tracking.

Has anyone encountered something like this? Is there any easier way? TIA! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: My only concern is that if they have to delete an old event, the info will not stay on the contact for future tracking.?

Short A: 1000% correct.

Longer A:

Do not delete old event options (still being used in contact records). Doing so will destroy historical data. Instead, just turn off old events options from appearing in forms.
- see image

Only Show 'Active' Options On FormsOnly Show 'Active' Options On Forms

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: My only concern is that if they have to delete an old event, the info will not stay on the contact for future tracking.?

Short A: 1000% correct.

Longer A:

Do not delete old event options (still being used in contact records). Doing so will destroy historical data. Instead, just turn off old events options from appearing in forms.
- see image

Only Show 'Active' Options On FormsOnly Show 'Active' Options On Forms

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes