Lead Capture Tools

michelegarcia
参加者 | Diamond Partner
参加者 | Diamond Partner

Redirect to External URL Based on Form Field

解決

When a contact submits a form, is it possible to redirect to external URL based on the answer of a form field?

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
jennysowyrda
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @michelegarcia

A form cannot be redirected immediately based on a field updated in a form submission. This is because it takes time for the information to be sent to HubSpot, propogate on the contact record, and then inform which page the contact sees. All of this takes longer than the url redirecting from the form to the next page. 

With that said, if you can create a buffer page that a contact visits before arriving at the next page, that is one workaround. 

If you can share a little bit more about your end goal, the Community can assist. 

cc: @KatieSchieder@ndwilliams3@HelenRoss

元の投稿で解決策を見る

11件の返信
HelenRoss
投稿者

解決

Just from a broader context, I'm a little confused by this one (mostly in why you would want to push a user AWAY from your site). 

Can you give us a bit more of the use case behind the question?

michelegarcia
参加者 | Diamond Partner
参加者 | Diamond Partner

解決

The external URL is part of one of my client's websites.

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @michelegarcia

A form cannot be redirected immediately based on a field updated in a form submission. This is because it takes time for the information to be sent to HubSpot, propogate on the contact record, and then inform which page the contact sees. All of this takes longer than the url redirecting from the form to the next page. 

With that said, if you can create a buffer page that a contact visits before arriving at the next page, that is one workaround. 

If you can share a little bit more about your end goal, the Community can assist. 

cc: @KatieSchieder@ndwilliams3@HelenRoss

tomasver
メンバー

解決

Hi @jennysowyrda ,

i am trying to achieve the same as @michelegarcia . How does the buffer page works? Do you have any documentation i can use?

THanks,
Tomas

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @tomasver,

You would need to direct the form submission to a thank you page on your website, and then from there the traffic can be directed to another page (through a CTA or link).

Thank you,
Jenny

michelegarcia
参加者 | Diamond Partner
参加者 | Diamond Partner

解決

It worked, thanks!

0 いいね!
JReese
メンバー

解決

Great news, @michelegarcia! Would you mind sharing how you got it to work, please? Basically, I'm trying to use a single form to gate multiple assets and pass which asset the user signed up for through a parameter. (If there's a better way to do this, please feel free to point me in the right direction!) Thank you!

0 いいね!
deejmer
メンバー

解決

@michelegarcia- If you are hip to it, I'd love to see how you solved this. Mind sharing your code?

0 いいね!
Jenniferkw1
メンバー

解決

Could you share how you accomplished this?   I am trying to do the same thing without a buffer page.  It's a redirect to an external white-label service, depending on which field they pick in a dropdown.

0 いいね!
ndwilliams3
キーアドバイザー

解決

The redirect url is set based on the redirectURL parameter in the form script when the form is loaded. However, all the form parameters are placed in a hidden field called hs_context that's submitted along with the form. I haven't tested this, but you could problably use javascript to manipulate the redirectURL parameter in the hs_context field based on your field value options. Just a thought if you've have a developer on your team.

e5an
投稿者

解決

Just tried this, it doesn't work.

It is possible to change the value of that field with javascript but doing that has no effect- the form still redirects to the original URL.