Receiving multiple/duplicate form submission email notifications

kathla
Participant

I am sometimes receiving 2 or 3 of the HubSpot Marketing confirmation emails that tell me when a single form has been submitted. The emails are essentially identical, although sometimes the submission time is a minute apart. My form is for webinar registration, so some of the people have filled out the form before, but that doesn't seem to have any correlation with the occasion of duplicates. This same thing happened last month, too, when this form was active for the first event of our webinar series, so the duplicates do not seem to be associated with how recently I created the form.

My form works fine otherwise, and it is created using Gravity Forms in WordPress.

Thanks for any insight you can offer!

Katherine

0 Upvotes
21 Replies 21
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

@kathla,

Can you confirm that they are coming the the same exact email address? The only time I have seen this happen is if I am set up to receive notifications by default, but then additionally in the form settings it is also going to a distribution list such as sales@.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
kathla
Participant

Hi Josh,

Thanks! That's a good question. I checked, and they all come to the same email. Moreover, some of the form submission emails come once, and others come three times. Ten individuals have registered and I received just one email. Three individuals have registered and generated 3 emails each.

Other than the received time (generally a minute apart), they are identical.

Any other thoughts?

Katherine

0 Upvotes
Josh
I think what I would do is create a new, similar form and test from an incognito window to see if you are getting the same result. If you don't experience that issue on the new form, you could replace the old one or go through and match everything on the old to the new. If that doesn't work you may have to submit a support ticket.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

rbertoldi

I, too, am getting multiple notifications, but only when someone applies for a job. However, when I go in to the job board, I do not see the person that "applied" in the list of applicants. So I'm not sure where they are coming from. Please help.

0 Upvotes
dcaron1111
Participant

I am having the same problem with mass amounts of form notification emails. I just received 10 "Response to: .wpcf7-form, .mailchimp-ext-0.4.43" emails in a row, and so did the other user that is to receive form submission notifications. Is it a hubspot glitch? How can I stop this from happening?

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 3.20.51 PM.png

0 Upvotes
victorap

Same problem here! Did you guys found a solution? Receive multiple notifications and form emails of the same person.

I also sometimes this other problem, I receive notifications of submitted forms but do not receive the form email.

0 Upvotes
Multi-Act

I am receiving the same problem. For one form fill I receive at least 4 email notifications and these are the same email notifications received at the same time.

Any help in this matter would be really appreciated.

Thank You

0 Upvotes
pacemansf
Contributor

Hello we are also seeing multiple emails from the same form submission, also seeing in this email noitification, a history of all whom have previously submitted the form and not just the new one with history of page visits.  This issue is something new, and unlike how the past collections were... 

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @kathla how did you get on with testing as per Josh's advise?

@pacemansf have you been able to test incognito too? Any difference?

0 Upvotes
pacemansf
Contributor

Its not an incognito thing... I believe its a hubspot bug in the notification

kathla
Participant

@roisinkirby Thanks for checking in with me. I hadn't done the duplicate form test because we're in the process of building a new website using a different underlying content management system, so the idea of redoing the form an extra time in the next month was not too appealing. I'll wait until our new system is up and see if I still have the problem. If it were an easy fix at my end, I would have implemented it, but for now, I just ignore the extra email volume... 🙂

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @pacemansf there isn't currently any known issues with the forms notification tool, and I can't currently reproduce on my end.

Let's dig into this further. Can you let me know if you can reproduce this issue when you perform a test submission? Secondonly, could you share a link to the page where the form is on and the name of the form in your HubSpot portal?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
pacemansf
Contributor

Hi thanks - I am getting what looks like a digest of the submissions, when each submission is made.  It's happening on a couple sites/accounts.  www.makebe-leaves.com and www.nlsdisplays.com I can forward you an email sample... or see the attached.

sample of emails ...sample of emails ...

0 Upvotes
Josh

Hi @pacemansf,

This appears to be correct to me. Are you saying that there is a problem with it, or just showing as an example for the original inquiry?

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
pacemansf
Contributor

Why are we seeing all the previous "inquiry" ... seems a new submission and a digest, didn't used to be like that...

0 Upvotes
Josh

@pacemansf,

I am not sure if you are using paid or free. Form submissions on HubSpot forms through Marketing Pro are still coming through as always, not showing a digest. However, if you are using Lead Flows associated with Marketing Pro, people that complete those lead flows are coming in as notifications similar to that of HubSpot Free, which I believe has always shown the digest.

At least this is what we have seen on our end. Maybe you are experiencing something different?

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
pacemansf
Contributor

We are using "HubSpot Free" and seeing the digest versus a single form submission per submission.  In the beginning it wasn';t a digest.  So you believe that if we upgrade this will be remedied? 

0 Upvotes
Josh

I wouldn't say that it would be remedied so to say, because I don't necessarily know that it's a technical problem.

What I can tell you is that with HubSpot Pro forms, the notification is only for that single conversion, but then if you want to know more you can view it in HubSpot to see the complete history.

I'd be happy to have a brief chat with you to explain further if you'd like, just let me know.

Josh Curcio

pacemansf
Contributor

Sure happy to chat anytime, Michael 

0 Upvotes
Josh

Hi @pacemansf,

Sorry for the delayed response. Let me know when you want to chat today or tomorrow about this, if you're still having the issues.

https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/joshc15

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
pacemansf
Contributor

Can I send a PDF of the Hubspot submission email we just got, as a sample of what we’re seeing on a couple of sites....  

0 Upvotes