Lead Capture Tools

Playnetball

Receiving form submissions from South Africa

SOLVE

We run social netball leagues in London and have a form on our website where new players can submit their details to join us.

We have recently been receiving a lot of form submissions from individuals in South Africa, and subsequent email follow ups, and would like to block this as we only run leagues in the UK. 

Is there anyway of blocking form submissions from users with a South African IP address or a similar fix?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Playnetball,

I'm not aware of any features that would let you block submissions from an IP country. However HubSpot lets you block certain email providers: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/prevent-spam-form-submissions

If you can find and pull a list of the most common email service providers from South Africa, that could potentially reduce the number of submissions you're seeing. Enabling Captcha might also help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Playnetball,

I'm not aware of any features that would let you block submissions from an IP country. However HubSpot lets you block certain email providers: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/prevent-spam-form-submissions

If you can find and pull a list of the most common email service providers from South Africa, that could potentially reduce the number of submissions you're seeing. Enabling Captcha might also help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes