Lead Capture Tools

Hillbrush

Read Only Form Field

SOLVE

It would be great if we could have a read-only field function when creating forms - it will allow us to have information displayed that cant be deleted e.g. product codes etc.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Read Only Form Field

SOLVE

Hello @Hillbrush,

Do these properties need to be visible to the person about to submit the form – or are hidden fields an option for you? You could hide the field containing the product code and set default value for this field.

"Hidden form fields can be used to pass values into contact properties on a contact record without requiring the contact to fill in that information on the form." (see here)

(There is currently no way to display a form field but not let the visitor edit it.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
Grita
Participant

Read Only Form Field

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler  how come this question is marked as "Solved" when Hubspot still doesn't allow "read-only" fields or "disabled" attributes?

My company really needs this feature right now to carry out B2B activities.
When can be implemented?

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read Only Form Field

SOLVE

Hi @Grita and @Hillbrush and all,

Thank you for posting in the Community!

The reply from @karstenkoehler might not look like a solution for you but for other users, it is a workaround sugested, which is great to have.

Are you looking for such feature "Restrict view and edit access for properties" (with Enterprise subscription only) please?

Or do you need another functionality? What exactly do you need in terms of property, please?

The more info, screenshots (without sensitive/confidential information), and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thank you and have a good day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
Grita
Participant

Read Only Form Field

SOLVE

Hi @BérangèreL 

What we need is for form fields to be "read-only", see this for more explanation https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_input_readonly.asp

Read-only fields are visible to the person filling the form but "cannot be modified (however, a user can tab to it, highlight it, and copy the text from it)".

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read Only Form Field

SOLVE

Hi @Grita,

Thank you for the additional information and for your patience.

In order to have this feature, I recommend you to post this idea on our Ideas Forum here.

And I encourage you to share and upvote for the idea ( this way it will have more chances to be implemented in the future), and follow the thread to receive the update status.

Thanks and have a good day!

Best,
Bérangère

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
Grita
Participant

Read Only Form Field

SOLVE

Hello @BérangèreL ,

Thanks.

Is there a particular reason why I should create a separate request for this feature?

I thought that Upvoting this post/thread was the way to make a feature more requested... instead of spreading the votes into many forum ideas.

My colleagues have already upvoted this post as well.

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read Only Form Field

SOLVE

Hi @Grita,

I hope that you are well! Thanks for your message.

Just to clarify 🙂, the current post here is on the Community.
So, the best place to give your feedback would be on the Ideas Forum here.

That is why I sent you there, so that there is more visibility on the idea!

Thank you!

Best,
Bérangère

0 Upvotes
SWilsonA4u
Top Contributor

Read Only Form Field

SOLVE

Looking to do this also. Building a client facing form that I'd like to present to them field data for reference that they cannot change (billing frequency) and then give fields that they complete. A read only option on a field would be great to do this.

Only solution I can think of now would be to not have the read only field on the form but send a summary email after form completion that includes all required field data and that woud be by design read only. 

Works if the data in the read only field isnt needed for guidence on form completion.

abrahamsaada

Read Only Form Field

SOLVE

Hello Team, 
well, we are also looking for this, 

Some form field we want to show to the user, but with values populated inside, without the possibility to delete, or edit the property field.

Would be great if there is any news on this.
Thanks,

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Read Only Form Field

SOLVE

Hello @Hillbrush,

Do these properties need to be visible to the person about to submit the form – or are hidden fields an option for you? You could hide the field containing the product code and set default value for this field.

"Hidden form fields can be used to pass values into contact properties on a contact record without requiring the contact to fill in that information on the form." (see here)

(There is currently no way to display a form field but not let the visitor edit it.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Hillbrush

Read Only Form Field

SOLVE

Hi there,

We already use hidden forms - this is for customer-facing so that we can display information without them deleting it.

Thanks,

Jordan