Lead Capture Tools

EJohnston
Participant

RESOLVED: How to distinguish data from multiple non-Hubspot forms?

After posting this, I found the answer I needed in the documentation. Leaving this here for anyone with the same question:

Why are all my non-HubSpot form submissions appearing in the same form?

HubSpot groups form submissions based on the CSS ID or class attribute of your non-HubSpot form. If you have multiple forms with the same identifiers, submissions to these different forms will be associated with the same non-HubSpot form in the forms dashboard. 

To prevent this, you need to change the CSS ID or class attribute for your different non-HubSpot forms in your external form provider.  

Original post below.

--

We have multiple non-Hubspot HTML forms on our site from which we're capturing submissions. When a user submits a form, we want to register them to an email campaign specific to that form. However, the user responses all show up as submissions to a single form in the Hubspot forms list.

Is there a way to distinguish submissions to different non-Hubspot HTML forms? It seems like I must be missing something simple, so any help would be appreciated!

Notes:

• We already tried giving the HTML forms different name attributes. They also have different inputs.
  • We don't want to embed forms created in Hubspot because we need to capture the data locally

1 Reply 1
JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

RESOLVED: How to distinguish data from multiple non-Hubspot forms?

Hi @EJohnston

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I'm glad you were able to find the resolution within the documentation.

Best, 
@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.