Lead Capture Tools

CStenger
Participant

Pop-up form

SOLVE

Hi!

Our company has our website and product connected within Hubspot. The product side has an exclusive subdomain.

We launched a pop-up form recently on our website and I set the logic to prevent the pop-up from appearing anywhere on the product subdomain. It still appeared on the product side regardless, and we shut the pop-up down to be safe.

The logic I used was to exclude the pop-up when the website URL contains product.website.com. How can I approach this better in the future to be certain the pop-up won't appear on a specific subdomain? Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Pop-up form

SOLVE

Hi @CStenger perhaps it was an issue because you only had an exclude without having something set for include?

Another option you could look at would be to exclude using a wildcard so all pages on the subdomain are accounted for, like, "product.website.com/*"

This article covers targeting rules and no matter how many times I've built a pop-up or chatflow, I refer to it almost everytime to make sure I have it right.

Another thing you will want to consider is the impact of the pop-up on page speed, you might want to limit it to very specific pages instead of excluding from a handful. 

Hope this helps you get to the bottom of this so you can get your pop up turned back on! 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Jnix284
Solution

Pop-up form

SOLVE

Hi @CStenger perhaps it was an issue because you only had an exclude without having something set for include?

Another option you could look at would be to exclude using a wildcard so all pages on the subdomain are accounted for, like, "product.website.com/*"

This article covers targeting rules and no matter how many times I've built a pop-up or chatflow, I refer to it almost everytime to make sure I have it right.

Another thing you will want to consider is the impact of the pop-up on page speed, you might want to limit it to very specific pages instead of excluding from a handful. 

Hope this helps you get to the bottom of this so you can get your pop up turned back on! 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

CStenger
Participant

Pop-up form

SOLVE

Wow thank you for your help @Jnix284! You got it with the wild card setting, I totally missed that. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me! 

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Pop-up form

SOLVE

@CStenger no problem at all, I'm so happy the wildcard worked! You're welcome 🙂

0 Upvotes