Lead Capture Tools

WBeasley
Participant

Personalization Tokens not working in Internal Marketing emails

SOLVE

Hi all,

I searched some other posts and didn't seem to find the exact answer I was looking for.  When a lead fills in a Hubspot form on our website, an internal marketing email is sent to the head of sales with the information filled out on the form by using personalization tokens (e.g., "Number of Tickets Sold Per Year," "Website URL").

The problem is that not all of the data from the form is making it through to the internal email and default values are displayed instead. I know this because I receive the initial form fill notification in addition to the internal marketing email. Is there a Personalization Token bug or a workaround that you could suggest?  Hoping my question makes sense. I've attached screenshots of a form fill notification and an internal marketing email for the same lead to show what I am experiencing. Form Fill Notification Example.pngInternal Marketing Email Example.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @WBeasley,

There two potential reasons I can think of:

1. The workflow processes the email faster than the form submission stores all of the information. Unlikely, usually the form is done processing when the email is sent. A 1 minute delay in the workflow before the notification is sent could solve this.
  2. Another workflow is doing something do the fields before the notification is sent. Have you checked the property history of the fields that do not match the submission? Is there maybe a workflow that set the value of '# of Tickets Sold Annually' to 'No info'? What are you seeing here for the properties? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/view-property-history#view-historical-values-for-a-property-...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
WBeasley
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, thank you for the quick response! I will try setting a delay first to see if that might be the issue.  

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @WBeasley,

There two potential reasons I can think of:

1. The workflow processes the email faster than the form submission stores all of the information. Unlikely, usually the form is done processing when the email is sent. A 1 minute delay in the workflow before the notification is sent could solve this.
  2. Another workflow is doing something do the fields before the notification is sent. Have you checked the property history of the fields that do not match the submission? Is there maybe a workflow that set the value of '# of Tickets Sold Annually' to 'No info'? What are you seeing here for the properties? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/view-property-history#view-historical-values-for-a-property-...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes