Lead Capture Tools

webidextrous
Participant

Non-hubspot forms are not named in Hubspot as specified in CSS ID

I have a form at the very bottom of this page: https://webidextrous.com/coaching/

I use the Divi theme for this site and, per Hubspot's recommendation, I named the form's CSS ID "precoaching_request". The form's class is also named the same. I understood that this meant that when the form was submitted, the name that Hubspot would give it under Marketing > Forms would be "precoaching_request". 

Instead, when someone submitted it today for the first time, the form was named by the default of what Divi calls the form, which is ".et_pb_contact_form, .clearfix". 

Because I plan on having several forms throughout this site, I don't want them all to be submitted as having this same name. How can I get Hubspot to recognize the CSS ID and/or class the way I've specified it for each form and name each form accordingly? 

Divi form CSS propertiesDivi form CSS propertiesHubspot's name for the submitted formHubspot's name for the submitted form

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
ConnorSlivensky
Key Advisor | Elite Partner
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

Hi Web,

You aren't alone, non-HubSpot forms are clunky in general. Renaming them as you implent them would help a little bit but honestly having the site built on HubSpot would go a long way. Not only would you have access to Forms but could break down submissions of one form into by page breakdown making drilling down much easier. I know that's not what you wanted to hear but that's the issue with a split stack,intergations fail.

I feel your pain though, I had a website built in Umbraco, sales in Microsoft CRM and Marketing in HubSpot.  😑

0 Upvotes
webidextrous
Participant

Bummer. I still want to see them make this feature sing, though. For one, the problem with my current setup is that I'm bootstrapping. I wanted to earn enough in commissions and pull in enough business to then justify paying for Hubspot with the income from that. And, when I try to implement the Hubspot forms (vs. my own) under my free Hubspot status, the sponsorship link can't be changed to my referral link, so I get none of the commissions that might come from someone clicking that link. Further, I still need the dynamic capabilities of non-hubspot forms, like WordPress's Ninja Forms or Gravity Forms plugins. Hubspot's native forms won't cut it in that regard. 😞

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @webidextrous,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.
Hi @stefen @aniek_2 @ConnorSlivensky, would you be able to share your thoughts?

Thanks,
Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
webidextrous
Participant

Thanks, Jessica. As an update, I added a new form to a different page, https://webidextrous.com/connections, and then I test submitted it. Its data went into the PreCoaching Form in Hubspot that originates on the https://webidextrous.com/coaching page. Now I have two unrelated forms on my website posting to the same data source on Hubspot. This is definitely a bug that needs to be fixed, especially given the recommended topics I'm now seeing below this topic I've posted. Several others have had the same or similar issue. Is there a way to ensure this gets escalated quickly? As a Hubspot affiliate, I want to be able to fully recommend Hubspot as a solution, but if it's falling down on this simple requirement, then I would need to be up front with the prospects I'm coaching about it and let them know that it mishandles their form data.

0 Upvotes