Lead Capture Tools

Osnovyanenko
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Non-hubspot form names change when a page is republished

SOLVE

Hello!

I have a Wordpress website with our custom forms. I've noticed that every time we re-publish a page, a form's name inside Hubspot changes to the default name. Or it duplicates the form and names it by default.

How do I make sure that non-hubspot forms do not get renamed and duplicated?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Osnovyanenko 

HubSpot is making it's best guess at the form's name by pulling hidden data (names, ids, etc) from the form and surrounding content.

Some form plugins will change the hidden data in the form every time it's published, so you may see it changing often... hard to know exactly without seeing your forms (on your WordPress site) and in your HubSpot Portal.

The good news is you can create a list, in HubSpot, with everyone that submitted a form on a particular page which should give youthe data you need.

Personally, I usually use HubSpot Forms on the website to have full control.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Osnovyanenko 

HubSpot is making it's best guess at the form's name by pulling hidden data (names, ids, etc) from the form and surrounding content.

Some form plugins will change the hidden data in the form every time it's published, so you may see it changing often... hard to know exactly without seeing your forms (on your WordPress site) and in your HubSpot Portal.

The good news is you can create a list, in HubSpot, with everyone that submitted a form on a particular page which should give youthe data you need.

Personally, I usually use HubSpot Forms on the website to have full control.

Have fun

Mike

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello, @Osnovyanenko I wanted to add some top experts to share their thoughts, @Mike_Eastwood @tjoyce any recommendations to @Osnovyanenko?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !