Lead Capture Tools

aaldana

Non hubspot form in popup not creating contacts

SOLVE
Hello! I'm having an issue. I have a website that has non hubspot forms. We already did the tracking code integration to create a cookie for the user and track the session and we enable the non hubspot forms. The problem is, all forms in the website works and create contacts correctly, except the most important, which is the sign up. I think is because this is the only form we display in a modal/popup.

Does anybody had this problem before and know how to solve it?

I can't use a hubspot form, neither the contacts API to create one when a submission occurs in the sign up popup, because we need the right original source of the contact. If we use the hubspot API or a third party integration, the original source will be offline.

We use the same sign up component without a modal somewhere else in the website and that one tracks and create contacts fine. I'm sure the other one doesn't works because is in a modal/popup...

Our website is based on React, NextJs and Chakra UI.

Glad if someone could help me or give me a clue. Thanks in advance.

To see the form: https://dev.gowheeltheworld.com/ click sign up > sign up with my Email > popup with form opens

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @aaldana 

Thank you for your reply.

You can pass on the original source with the Forms API. For that, your developer need to grab the HubSpot cookie/usertoken and put it in the hs_context parameter. This parameter is optional! There is an example in the page I sent you. With that, you should be able to have the original source. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @aaldana 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I can see you a ticket open with a colleague and that they mentioned this article explaining why the form would not create submission and create a contact record. 

However, you should be able to use the Forms API for that, adding the optional parameter HubSpot usertoken - I'd advise showing that to your developers and see if they could use that. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

aaldana

SOLVE

Hello Tiphaine, thanks for answering! We have tried the contacts API before and the original source was always offline because of that, and the marketing really needs the real original source. Do you have knowledge if this happens with the forms api too?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @aaldana 

Thank you for your reply.

You can pass on the original source with the Forms API. For that, your developer need to grab the HubSpot cookie/usertoken and put it in the hs_context parameter. This parameter is optional! There is an example in the page I sent you. With that, you should be able to have the original source. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

aaldana

SOLVE

Hello! I appreciate your help. I'd like to ask... That is a legacy documentation which means is outdated but still in use. Will this be working forever or this will stop working soon?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @aaldana 

The one I sent you is the current and stable API. We do have a new Forms API if your developers are interested, however it's only in beta and is subject to change - not completely stable. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

aaldana

SOLVE

Thank you very much for you patience! I implemented it yesterday and it worked! I was getting "direct traffic from unknown URL" so I passed the url to the forms api too and it worked. We have to see if it's working alright or if something is missing. But that's another integration. No more offline resources! Awesome 😄 

Have a great day.