Lead Capture Tools

qhu
メンバー

No email notifications received while using a custom form

解決

Hi,

I'm new to hubspot. I'm currently using a free version of Hubspot.

I created a custom form and integrate it with Hubspot as per the below article.

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/forms/submit_form

When a user submit the custom form, the user info can be saved and seen at hubspot backend, but I didn't get any email notifications though I turned on the email notification. 

Can anyone help me out? 

However, when I use the Gravity Form, I can get the email notification without any problem. So I am confused on the difference between the 2 methods. Why I can't get the email notification with a custom form and the API?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
edjusten
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hi @qhu .

That is quite a hack!  As it turns out though, in order to receive notifications for custom forms, the API would have to feed a standard HubSpot form in a Basic/Professional/Enterprise portal.  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
3件の返信
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hi @qhu  I'm a bit confused by your query. If use this API https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/forms/submit_form to pass data to a form in HubSpot, the form needs to be built in a paid subscriber portal. Free portals do not have the form building options, so I'm not sure how your are passing information into HubSpot. 

I did check your email address in our logs, and can see that several collected forms notifications have been delivered in the past few weeks. The logs indicate however that those notifications have not yet been opened. These include notifications sent on Dec 21, Dec 22, and Dec 29. Can you check with your email administrator to ensure these notifications are reaching your inbox?

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 いいね!
qhu
メンバー

解決

Hi @edjusten

Thanks so much for the reply.

What I have done is:

1. Using Gravity Form to submit a form and hence a form will be created on Hubspot free version, in my case the form is #gform_1
  2. At Hubspot backend, click the form (#gform_1) and from the address bar I can see the form id. e.g. https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/3822750/contacts/list/view/all/?formSubmissions-formId=81f67b78-8aa...
  3. And then I use the submit_form API to submit my own custom form to #gform_1.
  4. With step 1-3, I can see the form data at backend but no notifications.

We did get some notification but these notifications were happening only when on Gravity Form submissions. And hence my question: why no notification when using a custom form?

Another question is that, does it has to be a paid Hubspot account and then we can receive email notifications when submiting a custom form via submit_from API?

Thanks for the help.

0 いいね!
edjusten
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hi @qhu .

That is quite a hack!  As it turns out though, in order to receive notifications for custom forms, the API would have to feed a standard HubSpot form in a Basic/Professional/Enterprise portal.  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 いいね!