Lead Capture Tools

REckes

No contact record showing up on form submission

SOLVE

Hello,
A contact submitted a form on our website; the form requires the person to submit Name and Email. However, in HubSpot, I see this person has "No contact record." There is a user ID listed but no name or email. I am not able to click the Contact Property, indicating the contact has been deleted from HubSpot. But why would this be? Wouldn't someone need to manually delete a contact from HubSpot? 

Eligibility no contact info.JPG

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @REckes,

There are two (/three) reasons why that might happen, see here:

If you don't allow form submissions without email addresses to create contacts, there are two reasons why you may see 'No contact record' in your form submission:
  1. The Email field is not included and/or required on your form.
  2. The contact associated with the submission has been deleted from HubSpot.

Can you rule out that another user in your portal has deleted this contact record? That seems most likely here (if you can confirm that 1. is not the case.)

If you want to be sure, you can reach out to HubSpot support (via the purple help widget on the bottom-right corner of the app), they can investigate further.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @REckes,

There are two (/three) reasons why that might happen, see here:

If you don't allow form submissions without email addresses to create contacts, there are two reasons why you may see 'No contact record' in your form submission:
  1. The Email field is not included and/or required on your form.
  2. The contact associated with the submission has been deleted from HubSpot.

Can you rule out that another user in your portal has deleted this contact record? That seems most likely here (if you can confirm that 1. is not the case.)

If you want to be sure, you can reach out to HubSpot support (via the purple help widget on the bottom-right corner of the app), they can investigate further.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

REckes

SOLVE

Thank you for the information! I checked and the email is required on the form; I'm checking now to see if someone on the team deleted this contact from HubSpot. If not, I will contact HubSpot support to investigate. 

Thanks,

Regina

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @REckes,

Sounds good. Please report back once you know 🙂

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes