Lead Capture Tools

Tegan-Scott

Newsletter subscription form, how to automatically add contacts to an active list?

SOLVE

I recently created two new newsletter subscription forms via HubSpot. Now I want the contacts who register via these forms to automatically be added to an existing active list. How do I do this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Newsletter subscription form, how to automatically add contacts to an active list?

SOLVE

Hi @Tegan-Scott,

You can either filter by Form submissions or Email subscriptions:

karstenkoehler_0-1621394453733.png

Form submissions would be filtering for all the contacts who have clicked the "Submit" button. If you're really just looking for contacts who submitted the form, you could stop reading here.

Email subscriptions would check whether a contact has a positive value (opt in) for a subscription against them. This would be a suitable choice if your newsletter form is asking for the consent to communicate for a specific subscription type (screenshot from the left sidebar of the form editor).

karstenkoehler_1-1621394588418.png

karstenkoehler_2-1621394595588.png

Keep in mind that neither of the two is checking for additional criteria, like an email confirmation / double opt-in. If you wanted to include that criterion in the list, you would set an additional AND filter for Contact properties > "Marketing email confirmation status is any of User clicked confirmation, Customer marked confirmed".

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Tegan-Scott,

You can either filter by Form submissions or Email subscriptions:

karstenkoehler_0-1621394453733.png

Form submissions would be filtering for all the contacts who have clicked the "Submit" button. If you're really just looking for contacts who submitted the form, you could stop reading here.

Email subscriptions would check whether a contact has a positive value (opt in) for a subscription against them. This would be a suitable choice if your newsletter form is asking for the consent to communicate for a specific subscription type (screenshot from the left sidebar of the form editor).

karstenkoehler_1-1621394588418.png

karstenkoehler_2-1621394595588.png

Keep in mind that neither of the two is checking for additional criteria, like an email confirmation / double opt-in. If you wanted to include that criterion in the list, you would set an additional AND filter for Contact properties > "Marketing email confirmation status is any of User clicked confirmation, Customer marked confirmed".

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Tegan-Scott

SOLVE

Thank you @karstenkoehler! That resolved my issue. Thank you for the timely response 😊