Lead Capture Tools

shivani

Marketing Grader not updating

SOLVE

Facing some issue with marketing grader update. it is showing an error. can someone please suggest a solution.

marketing-grader.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @shivani,

The Marketing and Website Graders scrape your website to generate all of the data, but in order for it to be successful, it has to scrape the website in 10 seconds.  If it's unable to do so, it will time out and display the error message that you're seeing.  The 10 seconds isn't necessarily the amount of time that the website must load in, it is how much time these tools have to find all of the information.  It looks like because of the complexity of your website, the tool is sporadically unable to crawl the website in time.  When I tested simpler websites with less Javascript, the error message never displayed.  

With all of this being said, I was able to update the marketing grader after a few attempts, and after refreshing the tool a few times.  

Brett

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome to the Hubspot Community @shivani and thank you for your question!

Can you please try clearing your browser's cookies and cache?  I was just able to go to the URL in the web address bar of the screenshot that you sent and the page loaded correctly.  

If that doesn't work, can you please let me know if Website Grader works?

Thanks,

Brett

0 Upvotes
shivani

SOLVE
hello Brett,

i tried doing this again after clearing cache and cookies as recommended by you.

Website Grader is working for other websites, but not for our company website "mediaguru.com". Error message appears.

Can you please help on this.
0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @shivani,

The Marketing and Website Graders scrape your website to generate all of the data, but in order for it to be successful, it has to scrape the website in 10 seconds.  If it's unable to do so, it will time out and display the error message that you're seeing.  The 10 seconds isn't necessarily the amount of time that the website must load in, it is how much time these tools have to find all of the information.  It looks like because of the complexity of your website, the tool is sporadically unable to crawl the website in time.  When I tested simpler websites with less Javascript, the error message never displayed.  

With all of this being said, I was able to update the marketing grader after a few attempts, and after refreshing the tool a few times.  

Brett

0 Upvotes
spalding

SOLVE

i have the same issue with cissltd.com only reporting #error .....no contructive feedback as to why.  it doesn't seem like i am waiting 10 seocnds to get the error/feedback - but maybe.  any suggestions appreciated,

0 Upvotes