Lead Capture Tools

pnd

Map contact form 7 fields

SOLVE

Hi,

I have created a form using contact form 7 with the fields name, email, phone and company. I am using the contact form builder for wordpress plugin to integrate to hubspot. The name and email fields correctly map to my hubspot properties. However, the phone and company fields create new properties with internal names leadin_phone_XXXX. I would like these fields to map to the default phone number and company name contact properties. How can i do this?

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @pnd,

There was recently a change in this functionality which changed how HubSpot interacts with collected form fields. While new forms shouldn't create duplicate fields, if a preexisting form already had a field created, then HubSpot kept the duplicate field, which is likely what is occuring in your portal. 

If you see this issue going forward in new forms, please let us know. 

There is a new functionality as well as being able to copy non HubSpot forms into HubSpot forms, which would improve the relationship between the form and HubSpot and work towards resolving issues such as this. You will see the option of "copy form to HubSpot", which would begin the process for proceeding with this option.

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
collizo4sky
Solution

SOLVE

I was able to seamlessly connect Contact Form 7 to HubSpot using MailOptin plugin. And it is free in the WordPress plugin repo.

Here's their guide connecting Contact Form 7 to HubSpot and other CRMs. 

They are also a listed in HubSpot app directory.

0 Upvotes
andrus
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

One more third-party plugin to connect Contact Form 7 and Hubspot. (Full disclosure: I am cofounder). It comes with custom field mapping and we'll soon be adding the ability to set contact owner. 

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools

12 Replies 12
andrus
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

One more third-party plugin to connect Contact Form 7 and Hubspot. (Full disclosure: I am cofounder). It comes with custom field mapping and we'll soon be adding the ability to set contact owner. 

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools
JohnnyBarretto

SOLVE

Dear andrus, quick question: ever since I have installed the Hubspot plug-in, my contact form 7 form submissions are only being sent to Hubspot. Is there a way to still get it sent to the mail-adress defined in contact form 7? thx!

0 Upvotes
JohnnyBarretto

SOLVE

...sorry, just noticed that I had a mailing problem - all good...

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JohnnyBarretto hope you are doing well!

Thanks for letting us know that it is working properly 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

collizo4sky
Solution

SOLVE

I was able to seamlessly connect Contact Form 7 to HubSpot using MailOptin plugin. And it is free in the WordPress plugin repo.

Here's their guide connecting Contact Form 7 to HubSpot and other CRMs. 

They are also a listed in HubSpot app directory.

0 Upvotes
hireweb
Participant

SOLVE

Hello pnd,

We suggest below form plugin add-on.

Contact Form 7 - HubSpot Integration

Thanks & Regards,

HireWeb

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing, @hireweb.

For a full list of certified HubSpot integrations, I wanted to share this resource with you as well.

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @pnd,

Can you please share a link to the page you are working on?

Additionally, do the fields in the form have the exact same name/labels are the default properties you are trying to map them to?

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
pnd

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda

The link to my page is http://www.peakanddale.com/quote/.

All the fields have the same labels as the default properties. What could the problem be?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @pnd,

There was recently a change in this functionality which changed how HubSpot interacts with collected form fields. While new forms shouldn't create duplicate fields, if a preexisting form already had a field created, then HubSpot kept the duplicate field, which is likely what is occuring in your portal. 

If you see this issue going forward in new forms, please let us know. 

There is a new functionality as well as being able to copy non HubSpot forms into HubSpot forms, which would improve the relationship between the form and HubSpot and work towards resolving issues such as this. You will see the option of "copy form to HubSpot", which would begin the process for proceeding with this option.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
pnd

SOLVE

Thanks @jennysowyrda. Everything now works.

Lastly, how can i assign the contact to an owner automatically when the submission is made?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @pnd,

Setting owners through form submissions is something that can be done through workflows, which is associated with higher marketing subscriptions. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes