Lead Capture Tools

SPHolmes

Making thank you pages private

SOLVE

Hi, i'm struggling to get an answer to a very basic question so i'm hopinh you guys can help.

My thank you pages house a link to download my brochure. People who fill in the form on my landing page are sent to my thank you page.

I don't want people who have filled in the form to be able to share my thank you page URL with other people and those people be able to download my brochure (without having completed the form themselves. How do i achieve that in Hubspot? There doesn't seem to be a setting to make the page private.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SPHolmes,

There's not much that you can do here, unfortunately. Even if you decided to password protect the thank you page (which would be a horrible user experience), the contact could share the direct link to thank you page incl. the password or even the link to the PDF.

Instead, I'd recommend making sure that your thank you pages are set to noindex. At least they're not showing up on search engine results pages.

Additionally, it's best practice to include further opportunities for conversion (e.g. "book a meeting with us") in your PDF – a big CTA or even an entire page for the next step in their buyer's journey. You might not capture the contact information immediately, if someone receives the thank you page link from a colleague. However, if they stumble upon another content offer, they might convert then.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SPHolmes,

There's not much that you can do here, unfortunately. Even if you decided to password protect the thank you page (which would be a horrible user experience), the contact could share the direct link to thank you page incl. the password or even the link to the PDF.

Instead, I'd recommend making sure that your thank you pages are set to noindex. At least they're not showing up on search engine results pages.

Additionally, it's best practice to include further opportunities for conversion (e.g. "book a meeting with us") in your PDF – a big CTA or even an entire page for the next step in their buyer's journey. You might not capture the contact information immediately, if someone receives the thank you page link from a colleague. However, if they stumble upon another content offer, they might convert then.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.