Make offline source attribution more specific

nutmeg749
Participant

We have a lot of contacts who come in from offline sources, including word-of-mouth referrals and conferences. 

How can I track these specific offline sources? Ideally their fields would be:

Original source: Offline source

Original source drill-down 1: Word-of-mouth referral

Original source drill-down 2: That person's name

OR

Original source: Offline source

Original source drill-down 1: Conference

Original source drill-down 2: That conference's name

Is that something I can accomplish using existing fields, or do I need to create new ones? My understanding is that drill-downs cannot be edited.

I still want to be able to filter by those drill-downs and find groupings of contacts that came from the same source drill-down. 

4 Replies 4
evelliQM
Participant

How are these offline sourced contacts being added to HubSpot? Are you importing them/creating one-offs/syncing from another CRM?

0 Upvotes
nutmeg749
Participant

Sometimes creating one-offs, sometimes importing lists

0 Upvotes
evelliQM
Participant

In that case I would create custom picklist fields similar to drill down 1 and 2, add those fields to the 'create a new contact' layout:

(Settings -> Contacts and Companies -> Set the properties all users in your account see when creating contacts.)

Make them required when creating new contacts, and always include them on imports. Make sure they are picklists so you have solid reporting and consider creating an import 'template' in Gsheets/excel with data validation on those two fields so people know how to properly import data to them. 

Best of luck! 

0 Upvotes
NicoleSengers
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi there,

Because of the fact that you cannot edit the drill-downs, I would create custom properties.

This would allow you to use dropdowns to create those buckets and create custom reports as well.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
Principal Inbound Marketing Strategist

Nicole@spitfireinbound.com
0 Upvotes