Lead Capture Tools

Ruta_F
Participant

Live-Chat: visitor notifications via email when recieve answer

SOLVE

After a live chat visitor leaves their email to be notified about receiving the answer > do they automatically receive an email notification, or we have to manually send the message to the email?

I tested this functionality with my team using incognito window and leaving personal email for receiving notification > but no email notification where sent. Do you know why?

Could it because the conversation window was open when we sent the answer?

I couldn't find a detailed description on these settings.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hi @Ruta_F,

I wouldn't expect the contact to automatically get an email when they give their email address. There are settings to control whether or not they get an email after the conversation, and also transcripts can't be sent for chats started by bots, both of which lead me to believe this setting doesn't exist. 

This is the doc that has the information I am referring to. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Ruta_F
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for an answer. I also recieved an answer from support team that explanes what to expect:

They will not receive an email automatically when a reply is sent unless the rep closes the conversation. If you want to keep the conversation open, but email a reply, you would have to either send the contact an email through the conversations tool OR from the chat click MORE > Email Chat Transcript.

I spoke with the product team as I agree that language is a little confusing so we're going to work to make that more clear for users, but the only thing that automatically triggers an email from a chat is closing the chat.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hi @Ruta_F,

I wouldn't expect the contact to automatically get an email when they give their email address. There are settings to control whether or not they get an email after the conversation, and also transcripts can't be sent for chats started by bots, both of which lead me to believe this setting doesn't exist. 

This is the doc that has the information I am referring to. 

0 Upvotes
Ruta_F
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for an answer. I also recieved an answer from support team that explanes what to expect:

They will not receive an email automatically when a reply is sent unless the rep closes the conversation. If you want to keep the conversation open, but email a reply, you would have to either send the contact an email through the conversations tool OR from the chat click MORE > Email Chat Transcript.

I spoke with the product team as I agree that language is a little confusing so we're going to work to make that more clear for users, but the only thing that automatically triggers an email from a chat is closing the chat.

0 Upvotes