HubSpot Ideas

amchartman

Required email and form fields before chat or bot conversations

I have seen several merged chats suggesting that people leave their email so companies can follow up. I understand this idea was delivered, and a prompt to leave an email was added to the chat feature. However, I am wondering if we can add a mandatory email field to the chat so we have a way to follow-up with leads who do not leave an email voluntarily. My suggestion would be to make this feature optional so companies can choose whether or not they'd like to enable it. 

153 Replies
STruyens

Are there any updates on this? Can't seem this feature yet.
Thanks!

PamCotton
Community Manager

@STruyens @TC_MI , 

Please upvote this post here,

since the idea is currently in planning. You should have this option soon.

Thank you!

NJones9

We just moved from Live Chat and leaned heavily on capturing this early information. Have there been any updates to when this will be live?

I agree with everyone that has posted on this form that it should be a pretty standard product, and I consider it almost to be a deal-breaker with the success we were having with this feature.

timothy2
Participant

After leaving Hubspot chat, I have tried many chats and settled on tawk.to, which is free and offers a lot of features including initial form.  Unfortunately, we need to manually add the leads to Hubspot later.  But it is still a better solution than using Hubspot chat.

PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @NJones9 , I would also recommend to upvote this idea here

since it's in planning and you will be notified once it's in beta to participate. 

Kindly,

Pam

arthurhalevy
Participant

Any updates on thismuch needed feature?

PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @arthurhalevy, please upvote this idea here

as any updates will arrive there first. Looks like it's in planning.

Kindly,

Pam

AlexKilobaser

This takes too long, please add the feature!

SkylerReeves
Participant
Well this is a crippling piece of functionality missing. We’re sitting at two years later and it’s still not live?
sharonlicari
Community Manager

Hi @SkylerReeves 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for the feedback. In this post, you can find how the HubSpot Ideas forum works and what to expect for each status. 

The good thing is the idea is currently in planning, I'd recommend upvote for the idea here as any updates will arrive there first. 

Thanks

Sharon

SkylerReeves
Participant
It appears it’s been pending for a couple of years now. LiveChat integrates with HubSpot right? I think they have what we’re looking for assuming I can pipe the data into HubSpot.
ZPlatten

Moved to planning in 2019 - any updates for us Hubspot team? We could also use this feature!

COsborn

Any update on where this feature is at in development?

PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @COsborn, for any updates about this matter, please upvote this post here, since the idea is currently in planning. You should have this option soon.

Kindly,

Pam

MOverton

Wow, over 2 years and it still isn't there, even Zoho SalesIQ chat (FREE) has this feature, what is the problem? And I've tried the bot solution, as others have said, it gets ignored, and causes too many issues when the chatter decides to write war and peace in the "Name?" bot request field.....

JAllen0

Can I do a live phone chat for help with this website

PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @JAllen0, could you please provide us more information?  The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

ahamaton
Participant

Has this idea been shelved as I'm finding this a real problem ?  I'm managing the business on my own and am rarely available when someone submits a chat and if they arent required to leave an email there is no  way for me to respond meaning I miss the lead and they think my customer service is bad.  As many have said the email needs to be required before the chat is submitted.

Change

Hello,

im wondering so much, why there is not the possibility to add two Inputs above the E-Mail-Field for name and surname. There are so much asking for it and it would be a 10 Minute work for the hubspot developers to implement.

The functionality for a input field to store the data into the contact properties is existing, why is it so hard to create two more input fields with other property-destination or dynamically let the users create input fields in the chatflow-edit page with the individual destination?

This Thread was created over 2 years ago. For a much wished feature which is not a big thing to implement, thats a really disappointing progression.

Many Greets

TC_MI
Participant

Seriously, it's unbelievable how long this has been requested without action.  This is basic stuff here, and I don't understand why resources cannot be had to make this functional.  I've stayed with the HS chat believing that this would be a top priority based on the volume of feedback and requests, but to no avail.