HubSpot Ideas

amchartman

Required email and form fields before chat or bot conversations

I have seen several merged chats suggesting that people leave their email so companies can follow up. I understand this idea was delivered, and a prompt to leave an email was added to the chat feature. However, I am wondering if we can add a mandatory email field to the chat so we have a way to follow-up with leads who do not leave an email voluntarily. My suggestion would be to make this feature optional so companies can choose whether or not they'd like to enable it. 

153 Replies
abiblu
Contributor

Hi Pam,

Unfortunately, chatbots are not the solution here.

We're using chatbots now and people just ignore the questions or answer them incorrectly.

FOr example:

Bot: "What's your name?"

Customer: "I just want to buy a product"

Then the bot logs the customer's name in HubSpot as "I just want to buy a battery".

We then send out a marketing email that starts:

"Hi I just want to buy a battery,"

As you can see, a terrible experience for all.

abiblu
Contributor

This is a huge frustration

PamCotton
Community Manager

Hi @abiblu 

I would like to apologize for the frustrations and business impact this has caused. Thank you for your feedback. 

I believe the best option at the moment is to access the beta once is available as @cdewey22 posted here.

Kindly,

Pam

portyushan

Guys .. any update on this .. can't believe it take this much time to get this done 

graceotaiza
Participant

+1

willprm

@cdewey22 @hroberts  I have been waiting over 11 months for a solution to this. Implementing a solution to this is something that would be very simple. Can you please listen to your paying subscribers and get this fixed ASAP?

batybarrjm

Any update on this feature?

portyushan

Pam any update?

PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @portyushan @batybarrjm,

No updates at the moment, but please continue leaving your feedback as our team are always checking our Community.

Kindly,

Pam

AlexKilobaser

We have the same issue, we loose too many leads because customers write chat messages without entering their mail. We'd also strongly suggest to implement a mandatory email input feature for the live chat, beforehand.

PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @AlexKilobaser,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

Currently, HubSpot does not make the name and email fields mandatory when your chat first begins.

I was able to find this post in the HubSpot Community Ideas forum. Upvoting here will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You may read more about how that review process works here. The idea is currently in planning.

Kindly,

Pam

gunryd
Participant

Would love to see this feature active!

Willem

Yes, it is very important for us to collect Name and Email, before the chat begins.  We are opting to use another Chat plugin because of this reason alone. Not sure why this is not a default feature already. 

It would be great to see this feature. 

netorica

This is very important to us. We love hubspot with all its features but this missing feature is a deal breaker. we really want to stick to hubspot

timothy2
Participant

Name and email do not need to be required.  We just need an optional form to capture the info.  I have just installed Hubspot chat.  I am getting unknown visitors.  I think I will switch to chaport.

Besides chaport and purechat, what other chats support initial email & name capture?

PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @timothy2 ,

Please upvote this post here ,

since the idea is currently in planning. You should have  this option soon.

Kindly,

Pam

TC_MI
Participant

Yes!  This is much needed!  We have the same problem of getting a full question in the name field.  Having the required fields up front would remove this potential.

TC_MI
Participant

We previously used Pure Chat as well, without any issue.  I just had a meeting with my customer service team (who mans the chat) and this is such a frustration.  

TC_MI
Participant

Hi Cassie!  I see you posted this over a year ago.  Any update?  I understand these things take time, but wondering if this is currently being looked at?

TC_MI
Participant

Add me to the beta testing, please!