Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Live-Chat: Ask for name and email before Chat begins

Highlighted
New Contributor

We've been using Purechat and migrating to Hubspot integrated chat. We would like to be able to ask the name and email address for the client to begin the chat is there a way to do this? I can't find where in the customisation?

4 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @carococo

You can request visitors' email addresses by following the steps here.

Steps include: 

With the Email capture setting, visitors will be asked if they want to enter their email address while waiting for a reply from you. You can customize this prompt message:

• In your HubSpot account, navigate to Conversations > Chatflows.
  • Hover over the chatflow you want to customize the email capture message for and click Edit
  • On the Build tab, click the Ask visitors for their email address dropdown menu and select one of the following options to determine when visitors will prompted for their email:
    • Immediately after first message is sent
    • If no team member responds after 1 minute
    • Do not ask for email address
  • In the Email capture message field, enter your message. 
  • Click Save

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

This solution doesn't help. You can't ask them for their name before they start talking to you. So you never know who it is unless you ask.

Regular Contributor

I just launched a new chatflow with the Request Email after 1 minute of no contact response.  It does not seem to work.  Also....1 minute is an eternity.  Is there a way to shorten this to 30 seconds?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @opendorz,

Please let us know if this issue is persisting when testing with multiple browsers and incognito windows. 

If you can share specific examples of where you are seeing this issue, that would be great (a screenshot showing the time the chat launched and what the status is a few minutes later would be great!).

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes