Lead Capture Tools

tchalklen
Participant

List of counties in the UK

SOLVE

I am just about to import some contacts into HubSpot and noticed that there is no default "County" property. I'm surprised that this isn't available for UK customers with the list populated. I guess I am going to have to create a new property and then populate this with a long list of counties - has anyone else done this and can shed some light on the best approach?

Also, looking for Postcode lookup integration which, again, I am amazed that a CRM doesn't have by default. Any feedback, thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @tchalklen !

Given that Hubspot serves a global community I'm sure it would be quite tedious to keep and maintain lists of all the counties and regions around the world. Especially when there are more qualified resources to maintain that data. 

That being said, yes, you'll have to build your own property. If you can acquire or build a list of the counties you need, loading them in to a custom property is very easy. Personally I would get all the counties in a spreadsheet, one county per cell. From that I could copy and paste the lines of data in to Hubspot. Or create a CSV and use delimiter. Here are your options:

Load many options in custom propertyLoad many options in custom property

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @tchalklen !

Given that Hubspot serves a global community I'm sure it would be quite tedious to keep and maintain lists of all the counties and regions around the world. Especially when there are more qualified resources to maintain that data. 

That being said, yes, you'll have to build your own property. If you can acquire or build a list of the counties you need, loading them in to a custom property is very easy. Personally I would get all the counties in a spreadsheet, one county per cell. From that I could copy and paste the lines of data in to Hubspot. Or create a CSV and use delimiter. Here are your options:

Load many options in custom propertyLoad many options in custom property

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
0 Upvotes
tchalklen
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks very much - that sounds like the best way to get a list into the drop down box