Lead Capture Tools

ClaireAmable

Limit form submission for event registration

SOLVE

Hello,

I've seen a few questions about this topic but no real answer regarding my issue. I would like to limit the number of registrations for a specific event, using a Hubspot form, and I don't know how to do it.

Is it planned to implement this feature directly in the form settings?

For the moment, is there an option, with a worklow or a list?

Maybe someone already faced this kind of issue and how did you do at the end?

Thank you for your help,

Claire

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ClaireAmable,

This is unfortunately currently not possible. HubSpot forms aren't built for managing capacity for an event, unfortunately. There aren't any settings for closing a form after a specific amount of submissions.

Out of the box, without additional coding, your best option is to create an active list of all form submissions and bookmark that list so you can check it on a regular basis. Once the limit is reached, you would remove the form from the landing page.

Any automated workaround here would require either a website developer to code a custom web form solution or a developer to code a custom code action in workflows (requiring Operations Hub Professional) that keeps track of how many contacts have submitted a form and then automatically declines those who submit after a limit has been met.

There are good news, however. Other users have requested this before: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Limit-form-submission-to-a-certain-number/idi-p/31846

The product team is currently reviewing this request. I'd recommend upvoting and commenting to get notified and keep up the pressure.

If you want to make it easier for others to find this request, you can help them by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
SPage65
Participant

SOLVE

Also super interested in this feature. 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ClaireAmable,

This is unfortunately currently not possible. HubSpot forms aren't built for managing capacity for an event, unfortunately. There aren't any settings for closing a form after a specific amount of submissions.

Out of the box, without additional coding, your best option is to create an active list of all form submissions and bookmark that list so you can check it on a regular basis. Once the limit is reached, you would remove the form from the landing page.

Any automated workaround here would require either a website developer to code a custom web form solution or a developer to code a custom code action in workflows (requiring Operations Hub Professional) that keeps track of how many contacts have submitted a form and then automatically declines those who submit after a limit has been met.

There are good news, however. Other users have requested this before: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Limit-form-submission-to-a-certain-number/idi-p/31846

The product team is currently reviewing this request. I'd recommend upvoting and commenting to get notified and keep up the pressure.

If you want to make it easier for others to find this request, you can help them by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.