Lead Source on Form Question

SOLVE
mmetros
Participant

We put the lead source as a hidden field on our form. We set it to "Direct". What we are finding is that the LeadSource is coming in as direct even when prospects come in from Capterra or LinkedIn.

I understand why it is doing this. My question is that how should we set this up so that we can start capturing lead source from Paid Social, but also make sure that all leads come in with a lead source

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielSanchez
Solution
Key Advisor
Hello @mmetros ,

You cannot define 1 Leads source value as you did, otherwise you will lose the correct value for each lead. You need to remove this hidden field with auto-completion and let the lead be registered with your source.

Every Lead will come from a source, be it email, direct, organic, paid or links on other sites. The source will pull this information and does not need to make that definition on the form.

Important is define an campaigns in all of your actions in HubSpot and use the Tracking URLs to generate link to use in your paid campains too (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/how-do-i-create-a-tracking-url).

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.
Best regards! 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
DanielSanchez
Solution
Key Advisor
Hello @mmetros ,

You cannot define 1 Leads source value as you did, otherwise you will lose the correct value for each lead. You need to remove this hidden field with auto-completion and let the lead be registered with your source.

Every Lead will come from a source, be it email, direct, organic, paid or links on other sites. The source will pull this information and does not need to make that definition on the form.

Important is define an campaigns in all of your actions in HubSpot and use the Tracking URLs to generate link to use in your paid campains too (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/how-do-i-create-a-tracking-url).

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.
Best regards! 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
mmetros
Participant

What are the best practices for making sure that we have accurate lead sources? Often time our lead sources are coming in as "Direct". 

I am less confident that this is actually the case.

0 Upvotes