Lead Capture Tools

mmetros
Participant

Lead Source on Form Question

SOLVE

We put the lead source as a hidden field on our form. We set it to "Direct". What we are finding is that the LeadSource is coming in as direct even when prospects come in from Capterra or LinkedIn.

I understand why it is doing this. My question is that how should we set this up so that we can start capturing lead source from Paid Social, but also make sure that all leads come in with a lead source

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DanielSanchez
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE
Hello @mmetros ,

You cannot define 1 Leads source value as you did, otherwise you will lose the correct value for each lead. You need to remove this hidden field with auto-completion and let the lead be registered with your source.

Every Lead will come from a source, be it email, direct, organic, paid or links on other sites. The source will pull this information and does not need to make that definition on the form.

Important is define an campaigns in all of your actions in HubSpot and use the Tracking URLs to generate link to use in your paid campains too (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/how-do-i-create-a-tracking-url).

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.
Best regards! 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Marc-Antoine-T

SOLVE

Hi,

You can track your different lead sources by setting up UTM parameters in your campaigns (as explained in this conversation). But what if you want to try sources where it is not possible to set up UTM parameters (like SEO).

To do so, you can use this tool called LeadSources. Pair it with Hubspot to run amazing performance reports:

What it does?

It tracks lead source data from UTM parameters and the referrer and stores them in your form (as hidden fields).

What lead source data is tracked?

The tools currently captures 7 lead source data:

• Channel
  • Source
  • Campaign
  • Term
  • Content
  • Landing Page
  • Landing Page Subfolder

How it works?

1. Subscribe to Leadsources.io and add their script to your site
  2. Add the hidden fields for each lead source data in your form – no tech skills required
  3. The tool starts storing the lead source data in your form submission

Get insight into your marketing efforts

Export your form’s submissions and run reports on Excel such as “Volume of leads by channel”.

Connect your form builder with a CRM (like Hubspot) to follow up on the leads – and identify which leads are closing. Then, you can run reports such as “Sales by lead source”, and adjust your marketing budget accordingly.

DanielSanchez
Solution

SOLVE
Hello @mmetros ,

You cannot define 1 Leads source value as you did, otherwise you will lose the correct value for each lead. You need to remove this hidden field with auto-completion and let the lead be registered with your source.

Every Lead will come from a source, be it email, direct, organic, paid or links on other sites. The source will pull this information and does not need to make that definition on the form.

Important is define an campaigns in all of your actions in HubSpot and use the Tracking URLs to generate link to use in your paid campains too (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/how-do-i-create-a-tracking-url).

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.
Best regards! 🙂
0 Upvotes
mmetros
Participant

SOLVE

What are the best practices for making sure that we have accurate lead sources? Often time our lead sources are coming in as "Direct". 

I am less confident that this is actually the case.

0 Upvotes