Lead Capture Tools

sahayaarunjose
Membre

Is there any specific advantages of using hubspot forms over non hubspot forms?

Résolue

Hi,

Could some there clarify me if there is any specific advantages of using hubspot forms over non hubspot forms?

Does it provide us more control over lead capture? if yes, pls explain

Does it provide better analytics? if yes pls explain

Thank you.

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
Alex_Elborn
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Résolue

It does allow you to bring in more information. In the past, with more complex forms we have found our forms don't feed everything into HubSpot.

footer

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

mbrammer18
Solution
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi there!

One of the biggest advantages of a HubSpot form is that it is native to HubSpot and it does capture data that you can then use as automatic triggers for things like Workflows, Lists, or Notifications. That said, I don't think it provides more control over lead capture but it does provide shorter steps to control the leads post-caputre, and can help you with decision making for lead sources, if that makes sense.

For example, if I set up a HubSpot trial form on my website, I get what I immediatly need to nurture the lead for the workflows within the HubSpot system, including the cookie capture. Now, if I use a form from my product (we're in the SaaS space) on a HubSpot page, it does not nativley capture the cookie on that contact. This means I go through extra steps to connect my product form information to HubSpot to power my workflows. Make sense?

Lastly, from an analytics standpoint, I do feel HubSpot forms rather than third-party forms provide better analytics from the simple standpoint that I get my source history from when the person is cookied. If I use a product form (like my prior example), I simply see this:

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 9.00.46 AM.png

In this instance, I do not see their entire path through the website but rather they converted simply from an Offline Source. This is their starting point if you will. Due to this, we reserve this for very specific paths from our product to HubSpot,

On the other hand, with a HubSpot form, I can see what they did all the way up to the form completion. Here's an example from my test contact from contact created to the form, which might help you better understand what a variety of sources of traffic do when they come to HubSpot. You'll see in this instance, the test contact accepted the cookie March 29th but didn't convert on the form until April 13th. With that conversion I have their history of all things done before the form, whereas the thrid-party form, I simply get the conversion point (e.g. form-fill) and moving forward. Make sense?

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 9.07.35 AM.png

All this said, we're nearly fully built on HubSpot - CMS, Automation, website - which gives us a lot of control over seeing the contact through the entire process (which, could help in lead control).

Hope this helps and good luck!

Michelle

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
mbrammer18
Solution
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi there!

One of the biggest advantages of a HubSpot form is that it is native to HubSpot and it does capture data that you can then use as automatic triggers for things like Workflows, Lists, or Notifications. That said, I don't think it provides more control over lead capture but it does provide shorter steps to control the leads post-caputre, and can help you with decision making for lead sources, if that makes sense.

For example, if I set up a HubSpot trial form on my website, I get what I immediatly need to nurture the lead for the workflows within the HubSpot system, including the cookie capture. Now, if I use a form from my product (we're in the SaaS space) on a HubSpot page, it does not nativley capture the cookie on that contact. This means I go through extra steps to connect my product form information to HubSpot to power my workflows. Make sense?

Lastly, from an analytics standpoint, I do feel HubSpot forms rather than third-party forms provide better analytics from the simple standpoint that I get my source history from when the person is cookied. If I use a product form (like my prior example), I simply see this:

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 9.00.46 AM.png

In this instance, I do not see their entire path through the website but rather they converted simply from an Offline Source. This is their starting point if you will. Due to this, we reserve this for very specific paths from our product to HubSpot,

On the other hand, with a HubSpot form, I can see what they did all the way up to the form completion. Here's an example from my test contact from contact created to the form, which might help you better understand what a variety of sources of traffic do when they come to HubSpot. You'll see in this instance, the test contact accepted the cookie March 29th but didn't convert on the form until April 13th. With that conversion I have their history of all things done before the form, whereas the thrid-party form, I simply get the conversion point (e.g. form-fill) and moving forward. Make sense?

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 9.07.35 AM.png

All this said, we're nearly fully built on HubSpot - CMS, Automation, website - which gives us a lot of control over seeing the contact through the entire process (which, could help in lead control).

Hope this helps and good luck!

Michelle

Alex_Elborn
Solution

Résolue

It does allow you to bring in more information. In the past, with more complex forms we have found our forms don't feed everything into HubSpot.

footer