Lead Capture Tools

GMohan
Participant

Is there a way to prevent spam coming through a Chatflow?

SOLVE

We had a few bots come in through our website chatflow this weekend. I tried to find a Captcha option and didn't see anything. Does anyone have a way to avoid this?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GMohan,

The options here are very limited at the moment. Captcha is currently not supported for chatflows but you request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these requests based on popularity.

Other users already requested that users can be blocked by IP address.

Some users simply required an email address before starting the chat which reduced their volume of spam.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GMohan,

The options here are very limited at the moment. Captcha is currently not supported for chatflows but you request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these requests based on popularity.

Other users already requested that users can be blocked by IP address.

Some users simply required an email address before starting the chat which reduced their volume of spam.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DoraMeleg
Contributor

SOLVE

But even if we require an email address , they can just type in a random one, and still access the chatbot. This is no solution. 

GMohan
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, That makes sense, thank you for your help. I will submit it to the Ideas board.