Lead Capture Tools

rocket73h
Participant

Is there a way to add an "Other" option to a multiple checkboxes property?

SOLVE

I've seen this in many other applications. I have a form that includes a multiple checkboxes field. I want to add one at the end of the list called "Other" that has a text field for the user to fill in if none of the checkbox options is suitable. Is this possible?

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rocket73h 

You can achieve this by having other as an option in your checkbox property and then having a dependant text field set to display if other is checked: Use dependent form fields 

The only drawback to this approach is that you have the data in two separate properties - but the data is in two different formats, so that makes sense. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @rocket73h 

You can achieve this by having other as an option in your checkbox property and then having a dependant text field set to display if other is checked: Use dependent form fields 

The only drawback to this approach is that you have the data in two separate properties - but the data is in two different formats, so that makes sense. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
GailB
Participant

SOLVE

Hi

Thanks for this idea, I am using a property field in Companies for the sales team to record information.  I now have enough examples so I am going to convert this to a Multiple Checkbox to stop the incorrect spellings, however I still want to be able to capture new information, so want the other box still, can I use your solution with maybe a workflow or something?

Thanks in advance

rocket73h
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Phil. That worked. Seems like a lot of work to go through to add an "other" option to a multiple checkbox field but it accomplishes the objective.