Lead Capture Tools

JStruble1

Is multiple choice question in the form over-riding past checked items?

SOLVE

I love the form function in HubSpot.  Each month we host a webinar.  I have a field set up from the Contacts >Contacts page called "2021 webinars".  Each time a person completes an evaluation from the webinar, I hide the "2021 webinars" question but check the name of the monthly workshop the person attended.

We know our attendees are coming to multiple events. My boss asked me to get a feel for how many webinars, on average, has an attended been to this year.  

In Contacts > Contacts, this field only  accounts for the last attended webinar.

I know this is not true.  I've also been keeping static lists of all the attendees by month.  I export the list from multiple month's and combined them.  As I expected, a percentage of attendees have been to several webinars but HubSpot is only showing the most recent event.

I realize if I manually enter each entry, they would be stored in HubSpot but that is not a good use of my time.  How can I automate this so the past checkmarks are not over ridden? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JStruble1,

At this stage this isn't possible in the free CRM, unfortunately. Other users have asked for this functionality already in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community:

Update/Overwrite/Append Data Options for Contact Property Fields

Append properties from form submissions

I'd recommend upvoting these as the product team evaluates them based on popularity.

As far as workarounds go, you'd have to work with separate properties – one for each webinar – here. Far from ideal, I know. This would allow you to retain all of this information and filter for it.

Alternatively, you could explore webinar integrations. GoToWebinar, once connected, for example lets you filter by past registration or attendance status for each GoToWebinar session, without the hassle of a custom property.

The only real solution requires a Professional or Enterprise subscription. These subscriptions include workflows which have a "Set property value" action that can append values instead of replace. If a workflow finds a certain value in a form field, it can append that value to a property that stores information about all webinars attended. (Let me know if you need more information on this, in case you do have access to workflows.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JStruble1 ,

I'm afraid that is the way the properties work in HubSpot - we can only report on and use the most recent value. All previous values are stored in the property history and can be accessed by exporting the property's history across all records.

The other option is to use a property that's capable of storing multiple values, like a multiple checkboxes property. This way (it sounds like the user is manually adding the webinar names) you can just add multiple values to the same property.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JStruble1,

At this stage this isn't possible in the free CRM, unfortunately. Other users have asked for this functionality already in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community:

Update/Overwrite/Append Data Options for Contact Property Fields

Append properties from form submissions

I'd recommend upvoting these as the product team evaluates them based on popularity.

As far as workarounds go, you'd have to work with separate properties – one for each webinar – here. Far from ideal, I know. This would allow you to retain all of this information and filter for it.

Alternatively, you could explore webinar integrations. GoToWebinar, once connected, for example lets you filter by past registration or attendance status for each GoToWebinar session, without the hassle of a custom property.

The only real solution requires a Professional or Enterprise subscription. These subscriptions include workflows which have a "Set property value" action that can append values instead of replace. If a workflow finds a certain value in a form field, it can append that value to a property that stores information about all webinars attended. (Let me know if you need more information on this, in case you do have access to workflows.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.