Lead Capture Tools

vhedenberg
Membre

Invalid Email Address

Résolue

Hi there

I've been trying to use Hubspot's marketing forms which require name, email, and phone number. The trouble at the moment is that the email field won't recognise a majority of email addresses out there. It comes up with red text underneath the email field saying "Please enter a valid email address" even though it's a perfectly legitimate one.

I was wondering if there was a way to fix this?

Many thanks

Victor

1 Solution acceptée
tjoyce
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions Elite

Invalid Email Address

Résolue

HubSpot uses ajax calls after the email address is entered into the form to validate whether or not the email address returns an error. I'm assuming you are using "example@" in your question description instead of the actual email address of the contact in order to protect that contacts information?.

When you enter example@iteso.mx into the form it will return an error but then entering admision@iteso.mx does NOT return an error.

I just wanted to clear up that you are, in fact, not using "example@" to test the form validation.

Here's the output for that specific email address

hs_reqwest_1({
  "success":true,
  "email":"admision@iteso.mx",
  "emailShouldResubscribe":false,
  "emailFree":false,
  "emailSuggestion":null
})

tim@belch.io

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
9 Réponses
UInsight
Participant | Partenaire solutions
Participant | Partenaire solutions

Invalid Email Address

Résolue

Hi @OMcLean did you get answers? We are getting emails randomly rejected from our forms as well. 

0 Votes
OMcLean
Membre

Invalid Email Address

Résolue

Hi @UInsight  it was a simple fix that i discovered myself actually - i was typing my email address and then putting a space at the end (like you normally would do in an email to activate the hyperlink). It's invisible but obviously is taken as an intended field entry by the email address verifier program, so can be easy to put it in there without noticing! Just make sure when you type the email address into a form field, don't hit space at the end. Hopefully that helps solve your issue!

0 Votes
OMcLean
Membre

Invalid Email Address

Résolue

I am also having this issue just using my own email address. It works fine on some occasions, but will sometimes randomly tell me i must enter a valid email address, even when i am using my literal own email address (which i have checked i'm typing correctly) 

TiphaineCuisset
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Invalid Email Address

Résolue

Hi @OMcLean 

Thank you for reaching out

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this.

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

tjoyce
Solution

Invalid Email Address

Résolue

HubSpot uses ajax calls after the email address is entered into the form to validate whether or not the email address returns an error. I'm assuming you are using "example@" in your question description instead of the actual email address of the contact in order to protect that contacts information?.

When you enter example@iteso.mx into the form it will return an error but then entering admision@iteso.mx does NOT return an error.

I just wanted to clear up that you are, in fact, not using "example@" to test the form validation.

Here's the output for that specific email address

hs_reqwest_1({
  "success":true,
  "email":"admision@iteso.mx",
  "emailShouldResubscribe":false,
  "emailFree":false,
  "emailSuggestion":null
})

tim@belch.io

0 Votes
roisinkirby
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Invalid Email Address

Résolue

Hey @vhedenberg can you share some examples of email domains you are trying to use? E.g. @hubspot.com

0 Votes
vhedenberg
Membre

Invalid Email Address

Résolue

This list is endless, but some examples include:

Addresses include:

example@usach.cl

example@london.edu

example@udem.edu

example@iteso.mx

etc... etc...

You could say, 90% of the entire business school world would not be able to use the form with the way it is set up at the moment.

Kind regards

Victor

0 Votes
roisinkirby

Invalid Email Address

Résolue

What results are returned when you run the emails through a third party email validator: http://www.emailvalidator.co/

0 Votes
vhedenberg
Membre

Invalid Email Address

Résolue

It won't let me validate them as they require a service code, which I don't have.

Regardless, these are functioning emails from universitites around the world. it seems the form will only recognise accounts such as gmail, outlook, icloud, etc.

0 Votes