Lead Capture Tools

JoshG
参加者

International option for required State field

解決

We require the State filed to be filled out on most of our forms and we have made that field a picklist filed. Because we aren't an international company, the only options available are the 50 US States. My problem is that international visitors to our site are forced to select a US state and that throws off our data. 

Any suggestions on a good Non-US option to include in my State picklist? (ex. International, non-USA, Outside the USA, Other)

Thanks.

Josh

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
ConnorSlivensky
解決策
キーアドバイザー | Elite Partner
キーアドバイザー | Elite Partner

解決

Depending on your service tier and access to features the following may work. 

Add an International option to your state dropdown and then add the country dropdown property as a dependant field so it will only show if State selection = International. 

This would make it so they'd only be shown that field if International is selected. The downside is they need to know to select International from the state dropdown, maybe use some helper text to help point that out. 

Hope that helps. If you have anymore questions let me know. 

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
3件の返信
ConnorSlivensky
解決策
キーアドバイザー | Elite Partner
キーアドバイザー | Elite Partner

解決

Depending on your service tier and access to features the following may work. 

Add an International option to your state dropdown and then add the country dropdown property as a dependant field so it will only show if State selection = International. 

This would make it so they'd only be shown that field if International is selected. The downside is they need to know to select International from the state dropdown, maybe use some helper text to help point that out. 

Hope that helps. If you have anymore questions let me know. 

0 いいね!
JoshG
参加者

解決

Great suggestion, ConnorSlivensky. I especially appreciate the reminder to use the helper text.

My first instinct was to completely dismiss any international inquiries, but it doesn't take that much effort to make a dependent field. Who knows, we might find that we have enough interest coming out of somewhere like Toronto that it makes it worth going international.  🙂

Thanks!

ConnorSlivensky
キーアドバイザー | Elite Partner
キーアドバイザー | Elite Partner

解決

No problem Josh. I find a lot of problems can be solved with dependant fields. 

The one thing I would caution you about is using open fields as trigger fields. If someone types in "DC" but your field will only appear if it see's "D.C." then you run into problems. As long as the options are predefined for the user you should avoid that problem. 

Good Luck!

0 いいね!