Lead Capture Tools

JMeringolo

Integrating Squarespace with Hubspot via Zapier

SOLVE

Hi everyone!

My team and I are looking to sync our form submisssions that come through Squarespace. The form information from Squarespace gets stored in a Google Sheet, and I'm syncing from the Google Sheet directly into Hubspot via Zapier, but I'm receiving emails from Hubspot about form submissions that can not be found in any Google Sheet.

1. Has anyone else had issues with syncing form submissions from Google Forms into Hubspot?
  2. Has anyone had trouble finding form content in Sheets that have been received in Hubspot?
  3. Is there a better way to link Squarespace with Hubspot with Zapier, or another platform? 

In terms of the big picture, I'm hoping to have our contacts flow directly from Squarespace into Hubspot. We have different forms on our site for different prospective leads (i.e students and teachers/admin), and the goal is to be able to pull key, unique information into Hubspot while still having a record in our Google Sheets (that are connected to Squarespace). 

We have the Hubspot tracking API put in on the backend and the tracking seems to be working for the submissions, but somehow information isn't being stored properly in our Google Sheets linked with Squarespace.

Hopefully someone can provide me some clarity or thoughts to improve this process!

Best,

Joe

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Joe,

How is the data getting from Squarespace into Google Sheets? Is that with Zapier too? If so, do you have one multi-stage zap, or two separate zaps?

Have you checked to make sure the zap option for 'new rows' is set correctly - it's a while since I've done this, but been caught out by that before so every new submission I was somehow sending ALL the rows on 🙂 

Can you see the activity logs in Zapier? Do they help at all?

I don't think there's anything wrong with your workflow - I've done very similar things in the past (although not with Squarespace). Sheets is usually an excellent middle ground for such things, as you can easily monitor and keep an eye on things and it's integrations are very solid.

Cheers,

Mike

View solution in original post

JMeringolo
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help! Those are great questions!

In case anyone else is reading, I put the Hubspot tracking API into the backend of our Squarespace website to start. Now, when someone submits a form anywhere, we get at least a name and email when someone submits a form from anywhere on our website.

I built a zap for a specific form, and tested it, and the information syncs relatively well. The fields in the google sheet don't map exactly to the Hubspot fields that I currently have so I'm going to need to better define the hubspot views/fields on the backend (i.e make sure all the form fields on the website map to Hubspot) so I get all of the info on the back end. 

To close the loop,  in Zapier, you can select how those rows pull but you have to have the views/fields built in Hubspot if you want to properly pull all the information from your google sheet/form. 

-Joe

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Joe,

How is the data getting from Squarespace into Google Sheets? Is that with Zapier too? If so, do you have one multi-stage zap, or two separate zaps?

Have you checked to make sure the zap option for 'new rows' is set correctly - it's a while since I've done this, but been caught out by that before so every new submission I was somehow sending ALL the rows on 🙂 

Can you see the activity logs in Zapier? Do they help at all?

I don't think there's anything wrong with your workflow - I've done very similar things in the past (although not with Squarespace). Sheets is usually an excellent middle ground for such things, as you can easily monitor and keep an eye on things and it's integrations are very solid.

Cheers,

Mike

JMeringolo
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help! Those are great questions!

In case anyone else is reading, I put the Hubspot tracking API into the backend of our Squarespace website to start. Now, when someone submits a form anywhere, we get at least a name and email when someone submits a form from anywhere on our website.

I built a zap for a specific form, and tested it, and the information syncs relatively well. The fields in the google sheet don't map exactly to the Hubspot fields that I currently have so I'm going to need to better define the hubspot views/fields on the backend (i.e make sure all the form fields on the website map to Hubspot) so I get all of the info on the back end. 

To close the loop,  in Zapier, you can select how those rows pull but you have to have the views/fields built in Hubspot if you want to properly pull all the information from your google sheet/form. 

-Joe

0 Upvotes