Lead Capture Tools

THouston0

IP addresses to locate and block spam submissions from forms

SOLVE

Hey there! i've been using our hubspot landing pages and hubspot forms on our google ads and when trying to locate the IP addresses to block them Hubspot forms dont have that capability. not only that but invisible captcha isnt protecting them still. Any thoughts to re-include IP addresses again in the future? this would help tremendously so we can continue using HS landing pages.

1 Accepted solution
MrJustinGivens
Solution
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

@THouston0 IP address isn't available in the contact records. 

One way I've done this is by using a custom field on the company & contact record named "Spam".

Then on the landing page, I do smart content and change out the form for the contact users in Spam. It's not perfect but it does help. 

The other option to help reduce spam from Google Ads is to use a platform like ClickCease.

If you have any other questions or issues let me know in a reply.

If you want to hash it out even more over the phone, use the link in my bio to schedule that time.

Cheers,
Justin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MrJustinGivens
Solution

SOLVE

@THouston0 IP address isn't available in the contact records. 

One way I've done this is by using a custom field on the company & contact record named "Spam".

Then on the landing page, I do smart content and change out the form for the contact users in Spam. It's not perfect but it does help. 

The other option to help reduce spam from Google Ads is to use a platform like ClickCease.

If you have any other questions or issues let me know in a reply.

If you want to hash it out even more over the phone, use the link in my bio to schedule that time.

Cheers,
Justin

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @THouston0,

Thank you for this feedback! 

I wanted to refer you to this related idea that the product team marked as "not currently planned". If you block one IP Address, it doesn't meant that this will prevent a spammer from returning as their IP address can change. 

If you would like to see this become a feature, I would encourage you to upvote the idea and add your use case so our Product Team can read your feedback. 🙂

Thank you,
Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !