Lead Capture Tools

Alex_
Top Contributor

IP Information Being Recorded off Form is Incorrect

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is where this belongs, so I apologize if it's posted in the wrong spot.

A member of my team had filled out a HubSpot form back in late April and had apparently recorded his IP location information as being in Dublin, Ireland (we don't use VPNs).

This is a little concerning as some of our campaigns have emails dispatched based on their time zones - which is how this issue was found out.

Now, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Is there a way I can confirm all of the info being recorded from HubSpot forms on HubSpot landing pages are all correct? Would this be an isolated incident? If so, how can I tell?

Has anyone else come across something like this? This has me very confused and would appreciate any and all help with this.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
DShaw18
Participant

Hey Alex, 

We are experiening the same problem at the moment. Our geo targetted country is definitely not Ireland, historically we received about 2 contacts per month from Ireland, now about 95 % of them are registering as Ireland. 

Did you ever find a sloution to this one? 

Cheers, 

CTA9
Contributor

Hi @Alex_ 

The problem you have faced is very rare in HubSpot and there is no way to confirm that all info is recorded correctly.

But you can try and check, by creating the same scenario on two different machines at the same time and if the result differs then the problem is with the machine. It is communicating wrong info.

Hope this helps. Thanks