Lead Capture Tools

FedericaManguso

I can't track forms submission correctly - Webflow website

Hi everyone,
I've been having issues tracking form submissions from my Webflow website. I'm using Webflow membership to manage all the login/signup process. I've linked the form on Webflow to a form that I've previously created on hubspot, directly launching the hubspot app in Webflow (as explained here). But when I'm a logged-in user and I submit my "request reservation form", I can't track the user who he has just submitted the form and it gives me an empty "contact", or worse, it shows another contact instead. Screenshot attached. 

Schermata 2024-05-08 alle 11.16.36.png

Can anyone help me solving this problem? 

Thank you in advance.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Ben_M
Key Advisor

Is this all you testing? If so, are you using incognito mode in your browser? If not, that would explain why you could be tracked as multiple users as it sees your cookie as the same user as previously. Also with your forms, do you have a Webflow enterprise plan with the native integration or are you using the non-hubspot forms feature, or are you using a hubspot embedded form on a webflow page? That will make a difference in understanding your setup as well ( https://university.webflow.com/lesson/hubspot-forms-integration?topics=integrations ).

0 Upvotes
FedericaManguso

I used the "Map Webflow form to Hubspot form" feature. And yes, I wasn't using incognito. 
How this impacts the behaviour? Anyway it should track the "contact" of the other user who submitted the form, but it only shows [No name]. How is this possible? 

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

If you are not using incognito mode, then your submission will be tracked potentially to a single hubspot record because Hubspot can store multiple email addresses to the same record. You can either test with incognito if you want to act as different users, or have a specific test account setup so that all your submissions are tracked to a single contact record for testing.

As far as the no name record, I am thinking that one of your submissions may have been tracked with a record without a name (name is not required to create a contact record in hubspot), and when your submission comes in it is assigning to the no name record so Hubspot doesn't have a name to show. This is a result of trying to test as multiple people while being tracked by hubspot cookies where you can get this odd behavior.

0 Upvotes